GTY Balcony (BD) on NCL Star - Could It Be Obstructed?

MDTrip

Could this end up being an obstructed view? I booked a GTY Balcony  (BD) on the Norwegian Star out of Venice to the Greek Isles. It came with good perks. I have never done a GTY before. I know you can end up with an even better cabin, but I am wondering if I could end up with an obstructed view.

Are you talking GTY or SailAway.  They are different animals.  Sailaway can be any cabin of any type (at least the major level you book, inside, ocean view, etc) anywhere on the ship.

GTY is (normally) any cabin of the type you booked (IA, O2, BC, etc) and as long as that cabin type is not marked obstructed view you are good.

Of course everything is subject to changed and everything is right on course!

So because you have perks, it is not a sailaway rate, and as far as the Balconies go the closest thing to "obstructed" is you may have a metal frame around the edges of your balcony but they don't really block much at all OR you can have a lifeboat under your cabin. The lifeboat doesn't block the view at all, it just stops you from looking straight down over the edge.