FTTF New York

Abbie44

We have FTTF for NYC on Tuesday. What is your estimation on the time we can get there and board? We have young kids, and I'd like to get on as soon as we are able, but I also don't want to get there too early and have to wait for the Platinums and Diamonds. Thanks to anyone who can offer some insight.

Sorry, I can't speak for NYC, per se, but there usually isn't that much time between FTTF and those who board before them. They'll call wedding parties (if any), P & D's, Suite guests, then FTTF. It doesn't take them long to call & board those first groups. We had FTTF last year out of Miami. They started boarding around 11:00. I don't know exactly what time they called FTTF, but we were on board, put our carry-on bags in our cabin (and got our S&S cards), ate lunch on Lido, and were done eating by 11:25. That gives you an idea of how quickly they made it through the priority groups.

• Like 1

We just got off Sunrise on 6/24. We had FTTF. We arrived to the port at 11. Dropped off luggage, checked in and went through security and were seated in the regular waiting area by 1130. I believe there is a separate waiting area but asked twice and was told there wasn't. They did call FTTF after weddings and plats so we still boarded before everyone we were seated with.   We boarded at 1210. 

Edited by pohlerbear
  • Like 1

We also got off the Sunrise on June 24th, and the same thing happened to us!  I thought we were supposed to be in a separate area for FTTF, but were told to sit with the other guests.  Then we heard announced that “Carnival guests” were to board first.  We all wondered who these “guests” were, but saw a bunch of people with yellow papers and found out not long after we boarded  who they were.  As we walked down the hall, we saw groups of people going into rooms and heard a woman in front of us say that she was headed to room 7425 - wait a minute, that’s our room!!!  Turns out, the guests were all travel agents looking at rooms, and ours was one of the chosen rooms!  For the most part, they were respectful of the fact that we wanted to be in our room - a few asked to look at it anyway, but one gentleman was upset, saying, “This is not right!”.  Sorry, but we paid for our room, lol!