Safe excursion for Single Female

cruisin 07

Group of 4 with 3 divers and wife a non diver. She like beach days and sight seeing and of course shopping. 1 day off a cruise ship. 8 am to 5 pm. Looking for suggestions that my wife can do on her own and feel safe. First time to the island. Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, cruisin 07 said:

Group of 4 with 3 divers and wife a non diver. She like beach days and sight seeing and of course shopping. 1 day off a cruise ship. 8 am to 5 pm. Looking for suggestions that my wife can do on her own and feel safe. First time to the island. Thanks in advance.

As she exits the terminal there is a bus tour $20.00pp (big bus air conditioned) that goes around the island...she will have the option to spend some time at the beach near the end of the tour...many will do this and she'll be given a time and place to meet for the return bus trip. The other option is to continue on the bus and go back into town....lot's of shopping there. This is an easy port and she should feel safe with whatever choice she makes.

• 2 weeks later...

I  feel like Aruba is one of the safest Caribbean islands.  I've walked around Oranjestad alone plenty of times and never felt at all uncomfortable.  To get the most without having to go far, she can walk around downtown for some shopping and then get a day pass for the Renaissance (also right in downtown) to get some beach time with the flamingos!