Asia Cruise

33 minutes ago, Ticatraveler said:

We are considering an Asian cruise next year. I haven't found much information on them. 

Anyone have info or tips?  Jade Haven, 11 days, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Thailand and Singapore. 

we were booked on this exact cruise on the Jade a few years ago, my wife was adopted  when she was 1 1/2 from Vietnam during the war and had never been back and we planned on going to see the orphanage she was from in DA NANG.  A week before leaving the ship had propulsion issues and while sitting in the airport on the way to Hong Kong a week later we got an email that our 11 day cruise with 6 or 7 ports was changed to 2-3 ports and we were given the option to cancel which we did.  Luckily I kind of had an idea this would happen so during the week I booked some hotels at all the same locations the cruise went on with the exception if Taiwan and added on Angkor Wat and Sapa.  

We had an awesome time and kept the same tour guides we had originally booked.we used smile tours in vietnam, they were outstanding.

We had a much better tine doing the land vacation then the cruise, we got to see so much more.

We did two cruises in 2015 for Asia.

1) Celebrity-- Singapore to Dubai

2) Celebrity- Japan and China that ended in Hong Kong.  Cruise was mainly in Japan.

Both cruises were great.

Our Japan and China cruise was fantastic.   We loved Japan and did several days precruise as well as the many Japanese ports.

Here are my reviews of both.

Japan and a little bit of China

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Singapore to Dubai

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

We talked with some people that had done the Hong Kong to Singapore that included Thailand and Vietnam. They said the main problem was many of the ports were far away from the cities they wanted to see, like Bangkok and Hanoi.  Just getting to those places with heavy traffic was a pain.