Port Everglades to MIA

hlperez

We disembark our ship at Port Everglades and our flight home is from MIA at 5.45 pm.  We would like to do something during the day and not go straight to the airport.  Does anyone have suggestions, which include where to store our suitcases and reasonably price transport options.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In a situation like that I normally rent a vehicle from FLL and then head over to either Fort Lauderdale or Hollywood Beach. I then either find a place on the beach for a nice lunch or head over to Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale to one of my favorite restaurants, Louie Bossi’s for a great Italian dinner. I store my luggage in the rental vehicle and head over to MIA  at least two hours before my flight. A minimum twenty four hour rental for a full size or SUV is usually less than one hundred dollars.

some cruise lines offer a tour  then drop you at the airport  your bags are on the bus with you

I would check with your cruise line & see if they off this option

Uber/Lyft to MIA, pay to store your bags there and then ride the Airport Flyer bus to South Beach for about $3 each; ride the bus back in the afternoon.

Uber/Lyft to South Beach and pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge.

Or check out www.resortpass.com for resorts and hotels offering day passes for their pool, spa and beach facilities.