Advice for final plans - Argostoli

Vacation9

Hi - Would appreciate your advice as we finalize plans in Argostoli (group of 6 including kids).  We have a packed cruise in July (all day shore excursions in 4 other ports) and would like to have a more leisurely day in Argostoli.  We are planning to go to Makris Gialos for a few hours and then stroll through the town right near the port in the afternoon.   If you have spent time right near port, can you offer advice on walking around?   I know there are other sights in Kefalonia, but I think we will need one day of downtime (not in a taxi/tour bus).  In your opinion, is this a nice way to spend the day? 

Thank you!

Yes, it's a very nice way to spend a day, particularly with kids. Makris Gialos is a lovely sandy beach with facilities. The town itself doesn't have any outstanding buildings but is pleasant enough to wander round and has many nice shops and bars/restaurants. Make sure you wander along the water's edge where you are almost sure to see turtles.

12 hours ago, Vacation9 said:

Hi - Would appreciate your advice as we finalize plans in Argostoli (group of 6 including kids).  We have a packed cruise in July (all day shore excursions in 4 other ports) and would like to have a more leisurely day in Argostoli.  We are planning to go to Makris Gialos for a few hours and then stroll through the town right near the port in the afternoon.   If you have spent time right near port, can you offer advice on walking around?   I know there are other sights in Kefalonia, but I think we will need one day of downtime (not in a taxi/tour bus).  In your opinion, is this a nice way to spend the day? 

Thank you!

We did similar with just two kids 18/21, simply taxi ride, with 6 you need to consider two taxis, but indeed a short ride.    Wee got off relatively early and arrived at the beach area by 10am and think by 12 many of the best spots were taken ( think it was 10 euros for a umbrella and pair of lounge chairs ), though as they filled up they started putting more chairs/umbrellas up.     

Lots of taxis were lined up to take us home, we worried a bit at drop off that their might not be taxi's but when we left there were many.  We then had the taxi drop us of at the main square for a leisure meal and some shopping.   I expect with each coming week expect temperatures to continue to rise, so a day at the beach is a good break, LOL

IMG_7149.JPG

IMG_E7197.JPG

Edited by chipmaster