Pacific Sky P613+P614 - Transport Options - KL

TANRO02

On the Pacific Sky in mid April which I believe stops at Port Klang for KL around 12 hrs.

As it's our first time in Malaysia can anyone suggest the best options for transport for 4 people from the port area into the city. I'd asumme the ship will have some sort of organised tours but always intertested in investigating other options. Will most likely want to visit Petronas Tower plus other sites.

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,we are going on the first part of your trip P613.Who is in your travelling party?There are 7 of us, adults,teenagers and children.Have you looked at the tripadvisor webiste on the Singapore forums page?It is fantastic,answered by locals and they will answer your question and others you may have.One message said the bus takes 1 hour to get to Penang and Sunway city is 30 mins away(great shopping)Anyway have a look if you haven't already.Pippa

Thanks for the reply.

4 in our party,includes my wife, her sister and brother in law - 3 first time cruisers. I did 6 weeks to the UK but it was decades ago. Both couples have been able to leave all the kids at home so second honeymoon here we come.

Hunting up various sites so will give TripAdvisor a look (Have been looking at Virtual Tourist.com.

Also looking at transport options for the second part (Bangkok) - 2 hr trip by car which depending on traffic blow out to 3hrs. Maybe we will do an overnight stay in the city. If Penang is an hour away from the boat too will have to check all the stops for options

We are going over on the 13th so will have a bit of play time in Singapore. I'm arranaging flights seperate to cruise (lots of FF Points) but my Sister in law taking cruise package flights. Good chance we will have to meet them in Singapore as we are being routed through Sydney (damn BA stopping direct MEL flights from May) but everything seems to arrive at the same time no matter which airline (MEL or SYD departures). Did you get the same 55 days story for package flights?

Rod

Karen,

Funnily enough the same as you, Chandris Line's Australis, but 8 years earlier. Trip took 6 weeks to go over via NZ, New Guinea, Ceylon (back then), Suez, Greece, Italy Southhampton. The six months latter, 5 weeks for the return trip to come home.

Rod

Hi Rod

It took us 5 weeeks. 28th July - 31st August. We went via Auckland, Suva, Acapulco, Balboa & Cristobal (Panama Canal) Ft Lauderdale & Vigo(mayhave forgotten somewhere?). 11 days at sea between Suva & Acapulco. I remember crossing the Equator (that was a great day) and we crossed the International Date Line on my mum & dad's wedding anniversary so they had 2 anniversaries. I was 14 at the time and really enjoyed it. It was then that I decided I was going to go on a cruise when I was older. It was 11 years before I finally cruised the Fairstar and almost 20 years since then.

Karen

Rod,yes,we are doing the fly/cruise package and will not find out details until the 55 days before.We have requested to fly from Perth on the 13th.It is only a request mind you.I have experienced a big difference:confused: in info that you get from P & O and from your Travel A.It seems,especially after reading this website that this is an ongoing problem.They have had the wrong ages for our children,different dining arrangments.It seems like you have to keep checking:eek: .Do you know about the cruise personaliser on the PO website?We will book our hotel over the net as it is much cheaper than TA offer. Pippa

On the Pacific Sky in mid April which I believe stops at Port Klang for KL around 12 hrs.

As it's our first time in Malaysia can anyone suggest the best options for transport for 4 people from the port area into the city. I'd asumme the ship will have some sort of organised tours but always intertested in investigating other options. Will most likely want to visit Petronas Tower plus other sites.

Thanks

Rod

Hi Rod,

We called at Port Klang in 2000 on a Superstar Gemini cruise.We docked at the Star Cruises terminal,whch from what I could make out at the time ..is Port Klang....They had lots of taxis at the entrance and you could hire one on an hourly basis,or do a set deal.It is a long drive into KL, over an hour from memory,but our driver took us all around,then dropped us off near the Petronas Towers and gave us a set time to look around before coming back to pick us up. We did not get up to the lookout on the Towers, as the queue had a 2 hour wait.They seemed to be building lots of motorways then ,so the time into KL may have improved.I don't remember how much it cost,only that it was very good value,especially when divided amongst 4 people.I should also mention that the taxis are not big sedans,so 3 in the back is pretty tight.

Perhaps someone who has been there recently could give us an update.

David.

Bigpud,

Yep, know about the personaliser, would be more useful if it gave some details about shore tours as well. Possibly will do the same with Hotels, although the P&O Accomodation isn't too far off what I can get on the Net for the same hotel.

Archived