Any recent MDR menus?

geomancer

We'll be on the Jewel mid August. I've tried searching around but haven't been able to find much. As I understand it, there are two MDRs on the Jewel and that all seating is freestyle in that you just show up when you want. What's the difference between the two (if any)?

Looking for both the regular menu, and the kid's menu.

There also appears to be two buffets, one indoors and one outdoors. Is there any difference in what's served?

What does "The Pit Stop" have? It's listed under Dinning but looks like just a bar.

Sorry for all the questions, thank you for any information you can point me to!

7 minutes ago, geomancer said:

We'll be on the Jewel mid August. I've tried searching around but haven't been able to find much. As I understand it, there are two MDRs on the Jewel and that all seating is freestyle in that you just show up when you want. What's the difference between the two (if any)?

Looking for both the regular menu, and the kid's menu.

There also appears to be two buffets, one indoors and one outdoors. Is there any difference in what's served?

What does "The Pit Stop" have? It's listed under Dinning but looks like just a bar.

Sorry for all the questions, thank you for any information you can point me to!

We prefer Tsar's to Azura because of the large windows and more open feel. Try both. Only Tsar's is open for breakfast and lunch and the menus are the same everyday.  Dinner menus in Tsar's and Azura are the same but change daily. Outside each dining room the menu for the next meal is posted.  You can go to Tsar's after lunch and see what they will be serving for dinner for example.

Yes, the Garden Café is indoors and the Great Outdoors is open but with shade. Nice place to sit and watch the scenery go by.  Food from either venue can be carried to anywhere you want to sit. 

You might find a previous post on Cruisecritic by canvasowl on June 10, 2018 called NCL Escape Menu and Food Pics helpful since menu items are the same on all ships. 

Thanks, finally found that post!

I really hope the menus are the same, it looks VASTLY better than our last cruise (RCL Adventure of the Seas) and everyone is very excited. We'll see on the quality of the food, but it wouldn't take much to top the last one either so...

I'll do a more generic search for the kids menu then if all the ships have the same menus.

Appreciate it!

18 hours ago, geomancer said:

I really hope the menus are the same, it looks VASTLY better than our last cruise (RCL Adventure of the Seas) and everyone is very excited. We'll see on the quality of the food, but it wouldn't take much to top the last one either so...

I'll do a more generic search for the kids menu then if all the ships have the same menus.

Appreciate it!

I don't have a copy of the kid's menu but off the top of my head they had chicken fingers, spaghetti with meat balls,

mac and cheese and a couple of other things you would associate with things kids like.

This is (shared Google Photo link below) the standard MDR menus for NCL, taken this January - with some photos - still in use in May, good nearly fleetwide ... except for regional variations and those chef's special for the day, etc. - use it as a general guide. 

For sea days, the executive chefs will - sometimes - have a daily special or two, ask your server.  There are also 3 or 4 daily breakfast specials in the MDR.  

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hFuBYsTRiVmBw1Sa7

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, geomancer said:

Appreciate it!

There is an area in the Garden Café called Kid's Café.  The tables and chairs are smaller and the buffet food, as I recall, has mac & cheese, Jello, applesauce, hot dogs, chicken fingers, fish sticks, cookies, etc.  You don't have to eat in that area as food can be taken anywhere you want, indoors, outdoors or even back to your room.  It is possible the MDR has a "child's menu" that you can ask to see but I don't know.  Perhaps someone else can say.  You can, however, ask for smaller portions of anything on the regular menu.  Don't forget to try another free dining option O'Sheehan's.  They have a wonderful grilled Reuben sandwich and other pub type food.  You can find their menu by looking on any of the "big search engines".