Great Lakes on Victory I

cfgrandma

Has anyone done the Great Lakes Cruise on the Victory I this summer?  My husband and I are booked for the Aug 29, 2019 from Toronto to Chicago. Really looking forward to the small size of the Victory I and the excursions included with the cruise.  This will be our first cruise on such a small ship

Thank you for any tips and suggestions as I begin to organize prior to packing.

Carolyn

Sacramento, CA

49 minutes ago, cfgrandma said:

Has anyone done the Great Lakes Cruise on the Victory I this summer?  My husband and I are booked for the Aug 29, 2019 from Toronto to Chicago. Really looking forward to the small size of the Victory I and the excursions included with the cruise.  This will be our first cruise on such a small ship

Thank you for any tips and suggestions as I begin to organize prior to packing.

Carolyn

Sacramento, CA

We haven't, but we are booked for the Montreal to Boston cruise in October.  I think that is Victory 2.  I'd certainly like hearing about your cruise when it is over.

• 2 weeks later...

Live from Victory II just coming into Quebec City. First time on this ship, multiple AQSC sailings. Hopefully things will get better here. Service is not what we were expecting, Slow and Surly is the way I’d describe it. Dining room has been half full last 2 nights and the service has been terribly slow, 1st night didn’t make it to the entertainment until the last song of the night. 2nd evening slightly better made it by about 1/2 through the performance. Ask for a glass of wine or a refill of water and the looks you get aren’t “Glad to Help” kind of looks. Expected and Paid for better, not at all what we have experienced on the American Queen. 

The boat is comfortable and rooms are small but well laid out with plenty of storage. Food has been good.  So far the excursion in Montreal was Great and looking forward to Quebec City today.

I’m looking forward to improved service and a good time. Will report back as things progress

Willift