Wi Fi on Scenic

Bolshoi

We board the Scenic Amber next Thursday.  The pre-cruise materials states that wifi on board is dependent on location and can be erratic: standard boilerplate. I was wondering what the reality is like?  First time on a river cruise, but have several ocean cruises under our belts where the wifi is generally always available, but typically slow.  It would be nice to not incur added fees for our connected devices (checking email, news, texting, the NYT crossword).

My experience on Scenic last fall was that WiFi was way better than ocean cruises. I think there were a couple of periods where it was spotty, but overall I don't remember having any issues with it on an ongoing basis.

It often depends on where the boat is...  and where you are on the boat.  Connectivity can drop off when you are in a lock - and at "busy" times when there is a lot of internet traffic.  You can often get better connection in the lounge...  Where your cabin is may also affect your WiFi.  We usually book Aquarium class - so have found that moving up to the lounge may help.  Generally, have not had problems with e-mail, news etc.

Fran

Scenic WiFi gets better every year. Yes there are problems in locks and some of the more mountainous regions. We had problems in the past with so many on board Skyping but this has certainly improved. I’m not downloading just contacting and checking news and weather but I would say it’s quite adequate for my needs. CA