May or September- When is Better for the Mediterranean?

We usually go to the Med in September. Weather can be a bit cool in early May, and English children are off school the last week in May. They tend to return to school the first week in September and not many parents like to take them out so early in the new school year

Hi,

Are you planning to go in 2006.

If so, I recommand you to go in september, we are going in september and there is still place on for you to come join us. Am I wright Pooh ?

235 days ! It is so long !!!

Hope you'll join us.

Anyway, I'm sure whatever you decide you'll have a great cruise !

Lou

i notice that there are few cruises in august. and what few there are are $$$$$ pricey. is it the weather, too hot?

as smeyer said: september is warmer water. we do like to have a warm vacation, as opposed to a cold one, but is august too hot? but then we want to go on cruise before the school starts.

would june or july be better?

thanks for your input. for some reason i just LOVE these message boards, so helpful, and a way to share info, without having to get it from a sales person!

August is both very hot and every kid is out of school(as is every Frenchman-note I actually like the French- on vacation and a lot of the continent in general), Honestly I avoid Europe-except Scandinavia in August like a plague....

Rome is a hot box.

Archived