Maho beach question

solomio

We are in St. Martin July 10th. Our cruise is docked from 7am to 2pm. Is maho beach doable? My issue is getting back to port for departure. I heard there may be lots of traffic and the bigger planes come in after 12.

That would push the time too close for my comfort.  We just left the island after being there for 9 days - the traffic was a lot like it is during peak season - stand still at some points, moving at others, but mostly creeping along.  It took us about 25 minutes to get from Phillpsburg to Simpson Bay Area each time we went. 

And yes most of the big planes do come in after 12.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's definitely doable. Wake up earlier, get off no later than 7:30, and spend the day at the beach. Most planes won't start landing until 10:30-11 though, and you'll wanna head back around 12:30 at the absolute latest. So, you could definitely spend your day at Maho Beach.

However, would you want to? You won't see very many planes, especially the larger flights from faraway destinations. Plus, you have to worry about leaving early, it truly would end up being just a regular beach day with a few planes. Why not go to Mullet instead? You'll see the same planes at Mullet that you'll see from Maho, it's around the corner. Or, if it just ends up being a beach day, why not just go to Great Bay Beach near the ship? I just don't wanna see you get all the way over to Maho and be disappointed with a glorified beach day!