Santa Margherita Port

orangecruiser

Hi, I am on the Celebrity Edge 8/30/19 sailing, and it has a tender stop in Santa Margherita.  I would like to see Cinque Terre with a tour guide.  Other than the Celebrity tour, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Diane

You can also go by ferry from Santa Margherita and there are several options. There should be info online.

Should your plans for Cinque Terre not work for you due to sailing arrival and departure times, I can recommend exploring Santa Margherita, and taking the very short ferry crossing to/from Portofino.

We were there in May and both are lovely to explore. The ferry crossing is also scenic.

17 hours ago, edinburgher said:

You can also go by ferry from Santa Margherita and there are several options. There should be info online.

Should your plans for Cinque Terre not work for you due to sailing arrival and departure times, I can recommend exploring Santa Margherita, and taking the very short ferry crossing to/from Portofino.

We were there in May and both are lovely to explore. The ferry crossing is also scenic.

Thank you, I appreciate your help, and think that’s what we may do.

26 minutes ago, PEIpair said:

Wouldn’t the La Spezia port call be more convenient to explore the Cinque Terre?

Yes, since Santa Margherita and Portofino are very close together and make an easy day.  La Spezia is less interesting on its own, but can be a gateway to Cinque Terre.  You have to get from the port to the La Spezia train station (taxi), then the trains will take you to any and all of the 5 towns.