Carnival Gift Cards

FOXYDEBBY

Forgive me if this topic has already been addressed but I couldn't find an answer to my specific question. I have one carnival gift card and would like to purchase more prior to paying off my cruise. The fine print on the gift card (e-gift card from Allstate) says the cruise has to be booked through the cruise line. I did my down payment through a travel agent (vac-2-go). Can I use the gift cards to make final payment by giving them the number or am I out of luck? I tried to input the number on carnival website but it said I had to do everything through a travel agent. Don't want to buy another $1000 worth if I can't use it now. Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Debra

1 minute ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

My TA told me to just give her the cards and she would make the payments for me

(err, well not the actual cards, just the numbers)

Thank you!!! I need to spend a certain amount of money to get points on a credit card so I thought this would be a great way. Just didn't want to be stuck with $1000 worth of gift cards I can't use yet and still have to spend on the credit card. This just solved a multitude of problems. Enjoy your evening. 

I booked through a TA with a credit card for the deposit, then bought Carnival gift cards through aarp to pay off the balance. I just had to submit the card number, the security code and amount to my TA and she got everything processed for me with no trouble. Easy peasy!