Debark tour through Princess in Rome

toothmaker

For those who have done the debark tour through Princess: "Vatican, St. Peter's and Sistine chapel", and then drop off at Princess Hotel for post cruise stay.    We will be there the 9-10th of May, 2020.  Flying out on the 11th.  Is this a good tour?  We can't seem to find any independent tour companies who operate in the Vatican on Sunday the 10th.  So it looks like Sat. the 9th is it.  I may be missing something.  Thanks for any input.

David

Personally, I'm not a fan of using the cruise line to arrange pre- or post-cruise stays. You generally pay about double based on comparison with booking your own hotels and tours. Also, the hotels used by the cruise lines are generally NOT centrally located, in fact, they are often quite far out of town making it difficult for you to enjoy being IN Rome (for example, walking around in the evening before or after dinner at a nice restaurant on a piazza....)

For information, the Vatican Museum (which includes the Sistine chapel) is closed on most Sundays. One Sunday per month it is open and is free -- but I would not in a million years recommend this as the museum is usually packed even under normal conditions and it is almost dangerous on those free days...