Cabins on Discovery 2

As you can see from this picture, Decks 3 & 2 all have picture windows, the porthole ones are on Deck 1 which is crew.

I can't find any outside on deck 2 or 3 that has a porthole window that isn't for the crew.

• Like 1

From my recollection on Discovery last week there are a few porthole cabins on deck 2 but only very forward and very aft and Discovery 2 is the same type of ship It also says in cabin description of outside cabins on deck 2/3 that they can be picture window or porthole

Edited by Vitalsign
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone for your help. Looking closely at photos the front rooms on deck 2 seem to have port holes but midships seem to have picture windows. Guess we will have to pay the room booking fee to get one midships 

Less rock and roll in midships that low down as well.

Worth the £48 for a pick of the best.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'm on her in less than a month, so anything you want me to look at and take a picture of or report back, just ask and I'll see what I can do. I'm doing back to back so on change over day, I can go looking into a cabin or two (not all of them as that would be strange).

• Like 1

We've been on Discovery and Discovery 2 multiple  times in their Royal days and never saw any porthole cabins on deck 2, and the photo above appears to bear that out.  I'd still pay £48 to get mid ship though

Edited by suekay

Sorry but it particularly says in the cabin descriptions for deck 2/3 that outside cabins have either picture windows or portholes and are as I saw last week on Discovery from the outside of the ship deck 2 front and aft only

On Discovery 2, the deck plans shows the cabins stop at the porthole cabins. And on Discovery 1 it looks the same but could contain 2 cabins with the porthole (hence the description) 

712-9e635ad1b914ef5230da7956037007c7.jpg

You can clearly see the portholes here on the aft, but if you look at the deck plans, counting back from the stairs, there is 8 more cabins available on deck 3 than on deck 2. There are 8 more picture windows on deck 3 than 2, so these porthole windows aren't available.

On 7/11/2019 at 1:34 PM, SausPud said:

Enjoy your cruise.

I'm on her in less than a month, so anything you want me to look at and take a picture of or report back, just ask and I'll see what I can do. 

Thanks booked 3576 deck 3, photo if possible, been told picture window & converts to double bed.

Edited by white lady

27 minutes ago, white lady said:

Thanks booked 3576 deck 3, photo if possible, been told picture window & converts to double bed.

Cabin 3576 definitely has a picture window. Nice position and you should have a lovely cruise.

Will try and get a picture if possible.

• Thanks 1