Arrival Time and Sloths

Tryingtocruise

So my husband will tell you that I have a horrible time grasping anything that has to do with time shifting.  Usually this just refers to sci-fi movies and television, but it's also coming into play for my trip planning.

According to the ship's website, we are arriving in Roatan at 10:00 a.m.  I know the sloths go to bed at 11:00 a.m..  Does this mean I won't be able to get a tour (Rony's, etc) that will get me to the sloths to hug (I always needs hugs) before they go to bed?  Or is there a difference between the ship's time, as noted on the itinerary  and land time in Roatan?  If there is, please help me understand.  Remember that despite three college degrees, I'm really stupid when it come to understanding any time shifting.

Thanks.

Which port are you arriving in? Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay.  MBCC is closer.

Also, ship time (Arrival) can be different than island time.  Roatan is on Central Standard Time and does not observe daylight savings time.  Thus it is currently 2 hours earlier than Florida ports or 1 hour earlier than  US Gulf ports.

But Rony's Tours and others heading to Daniel Johnson's or Manawaki.  Both are open during the day.  And take visitors.

Not sure where you heard sloths go to bed at 11 AM, but  yes they sleep more in captivity than in the wild and are nocturnal.  But they don't wear watches or have alarm clocks.

So email Rony and ask your question to get a more direct answer.

On 7/11/2019 at 11:50 AM, crewsweeper said:

Which port are you arriving in? Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay.  MBCC is closer.

Also, ship time (Arrival) can be different than island time.  Roatan is on Central Standard Time and does not observe daylight savings time.  Thus it is currently 2 hours earlier than Florida ports or 1 hour earlier than  US Gulf ports.

But Rony's Tours and others heading to Daniel Johnson's or Manawaki.  Both are open during the day.  And take visitors.

Not sure where you heard sloths go to bed at 11 AM, but  yes they sleep more in captivity than in the wild and are nocturnal.  But they don't wear watches or have alarm clocks.

So email Rony and ask your question to get a more direct answer.

I “think” Bodden may have his own sloths and these are the ones that cannot be viewed after 11am?

Review here

Other places with sloths don't seem to have this time restriction. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all.  I'm still not sure if Carnival's posted arrival time is ship's time or Roatan time, but I made a reservation with Rony's for a private tour and stated that seeing/holding the sloths was my primary objective.  We'll just do the best we can.  I refuse to stress out about it.