Venice bag storage and airport transport experience

Crowls

Hi everyone!

I am hoping this may help others as I have found an abundance of helpful info on the boards.

We disembarked from Celebrity Infinity this morning in Venice - for those looking for info here is what we did re: luggage storage and airport transport.

We took the people mover from the port (easily marked from port, only hitch was the ticket machine seemed a little touchy when buying tickets) 1.5 Euro per person and the people mover seems to come every few min. 

After getting off the people mover we went to the baggage storage under the parkade to the right. Cross the street, go under the “garage” sign and down to your left is a baggage storage. It is hard to see but I had seen it recommended on here and google mapped it ahead of time. 5 Euro per bag.

The bag storage gentleman was a little pushy that we take a cab to the airport after picking up our bags however we politely refused and went about our way.....which leads me to:

The express airport bus to Marco Polo is simple. Bus depot is across the street from the baggage storage. 

Take ATVO white bus to Marco Polo, 8Euro per person. 20 min ride. Tickets are sold at the ticket kiosk right beside the bus. It was unbelievably simple.

Fixed taxi fares to the airport airport were posted (on the cabs) at 45 Euro. We didn’t look at the water taxis so I am not sure of the price for them.

Hope this helps those looking for info!!! Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 12:57 PM, Crowls said:

Hi everyone!

I am hoping this may help others as I have found an abundance of helpful info on the boards.

We disembarked from Celebrity Infinity this morning in Venice - for those looking for info here is what we did re: luggage storage and airport transport.

We took the people mover from the port (easily marked from port, only hitch was the ticket machine seemed a little touchy when buying tickets) 1.5 Euro per person and the people mover seems to come every few min. 

After getting off the people mover we went to the baggage storage under the parkade to the right. Cross the street, go under the “garage” sign and down to your left is a baggage storage. It is hard to see but I had seen it recommended on here and google mapped it ahead of time. 5 Euro per bag.

The bag storage gentleman was a little pushy that we take a cab to the airport after picking up our bags however we politely refused and went about our way.....which leads me to:

The express airport bus to Marco Polo is simple. Bus depot is across the street from the baggage storage. 

Take ATVO white bus to Marco Polo, 8Euro per person. 20 min ride. Tickets are sold at the ticket kiosk right beside the bus. It was unbelievably simple.

Fixed taxi fares to the airport airport were posted (on the cabs) at 45 Euro. We didn’t look at the water taxis so I am not sure of the price for them.

Hope this helps those looking for info!!! Happy cruising!

Hello- did you notice an abundance of taxis when you returned to port after your cruise ?  Was it a frenzy or easy ?  We have an early flight so booked a taxi but then worry we won't find them and get charged. Also don't know exactly when we can get off so timing the pre-book is difficult. Any thoughts appreciated.

I honestly am not sure about the taxis at port - but I did see quite a number at the end of the people mover (they park in the same lot as the buses, right at the end of the people mover by the parking garage).  I noticed some there and quite a number of express airport buses even at 8am.  I think they know when the ships disembark and are used to the rush of people (I think there were 7 ships in the same day as us).  

We walked off our cruise which started at 7:30 (it was more like 7:40am) but overall was very quick.  Not sure of your cruise line however historically when we have walked off it has been very quick and relatively easy to make flights in other ports (although I can't speak to Venice as we spent the day and flew out later).

8 minutes ago, Crowls said:

I honestly am not sure about the taxis at port - but I did see quite a number at the end of the people mover (they park in the same lot as the buses, right at the end of the people mover by the parking garage).  I noticed some there and quite a number of express airport buses even at 8am.  I think they know when the ships disembark and are used to the rush of people (I think there were 7 ships in the same day as us).  

We walked off our cruise which started at 7:30 (it was more like 7:40am) but overall was very quick.  Not sure of your cruise line however historically when we have walked off it has been very quick and relatively easy to make flights in other ports (although I can't speak to Venice as we spent the day and flew out later).

It's Celebrity, we don't have checked luggage and priority disembark so I"m not worried about getting off I just don't know how long after arrival at 6am we can say is a good pick up time. But if it's 7:30 that's cool. And yes agreed express walk off is usually painless. Thank you very much. I'll find out all about it very soon !