TAP Portugal

I’m sailing on the Norwegian Epic next May. Since I’m in a studio, I don’t get any savings booking air through Norwegian. I found a really low fare on TAP Portugal for my flight to Barcelona, but I don’t know anything about the airline. Has anyone used them and would you recommend it? 

On 7/13/2019 at 9:23 PM, pcruz4ever said:

I’m sailing on the Norwegian Epic next May. Since I’m in a studio, I don’t get any savings booking air through Norwegian. I found a really low fare on TAP Portugal for my flight to Barcelona, but I don’t know anything about the airline. Has anyone used them and would you recommend it? 

Yes, we have flown on TAP Portugal once.  Quite adequate.  Don't remember anything either outstanding or negative.

We'll  be travelling to Lisbon next year and will probably hook up with TAP again. 

You may want to check user reviews for a better idea of the airline.  Yes, I would recommend them.

I would never fly on or recommend Spirit airlines.  But then I don''t think they fly to Barcelona anyway.

We have flown TAP.   Transatlantic and within Europe.   They were fine.  We would not hesitate to use them again.  They are part of Star Alliance so if you are a United member you will get credit for the flight.

Edited by iancal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We flew TAP Portugal last spring. They lost my luggage and I spent 4 days in Rome with no clothes before our cruise on the EPIC. Luckily it arrived the night before the cruise, their customer service is non existent. On the way back they left the whole planes luggage in Rome and we arrived in NYC with no clothes. We arrived home on a Monday and or luggage arrived at our home on Thursday totally destroyed. We also got bumped to the back of the plane on our flight home, even though I booked the flight a year in advance. So yeah they are cheap, but I would never check a bag with them if we ever fly with them again! On a better note, the flights were fine, and I would still consider using them if I can get by with just a carry-on. If you are going with a family member, cross-pack if checking your bag!