Another sheltered balcony question

Summergee

I realise the answer may depend on which deck we are on, but is it possible to see  anything other than sky when sitting on the balcony while in New York? Would we be able to see the Statue of Liberty or the Manhattan skyline? 

Sheltered balconies and obstructed balconies seem to be the only ones available for the trip we are thinking of. Our second choice has glass fronted balconies available but no sheltered.

We will be booking while on our cruise in September in order to get maximum obc and realise that availability can change.

You can see the Statue from the starboard side, at the minimum while walking to and from your seat on the balcony. 🙂

(Edit: you can also see lower Manhattan from a starboard side sheltered balcony, possibly even while seated.)

Everyone has their preferences, but we tend to book glass-front for the Caribbean and sheltered for crossings. Glass-front balconies need port calls in tropical weather (combination of warmth and low wind) to be cost-effective for us. 

If QM2 had more ocean view staterooms I'd have booked one for our 2020 crossing but they tend to make a sheltered balcony cheaper after the difference on onboard credit for booking onboard is taken into account.

Edited by Underwatr

Thank you for that Underwatr.  I think I would be happy with a sheltered balcony now I know I should be able to see places in New York. We always book starboard for a TA because of the view.