Gem/Boston - shuttle from ship to parking garage

BeantownLady

Wondering how often the shuttle runs between the ship and the South Boston Waterfront parking garage that is recommended on the pier website? 

For those that have used it, is it a mob seen trying to get on the shuttle when we return?  How is luggage handled on the shuttle?

We live about 25 miles north of Boston, so the fare to use Lyft both ways or park at the parking garage is about the same......and is there a designated area for ride-share pick up outside the terminal?

Thank you for any recent info!!!! (we sail in 3 weeks)

We used the shuttle in May.  We disembarked ourselves and carried luggage.  Go out the door and to your left, the buses will be in the first 2 spots.  There are 2 that constantly run.  If the traffic is bad they will be slower, but we got off early and we're able to walk right on.  They store your luggage is a back compartment, put it on and take it off for you.  Have fun!

hladygirl......we actually drove to Boston earlier today to check things out.  I saw the lot you mention, but it was empty and didn't look like it was being used so we thought it best to search other options in case........

20 minutes ago, jenifferf00 said:

Following along. We’re coming from RI and will be driving, the only lot I could find info on was the one originally mentioned and the shuttle was something I was concerned about as well.

There is a lot immediately at the bow that is not the cruise one.... the one you want is the next lot (look on Google Maps for 5 Terminal St - if you do the Google Street View there's an Old Town Trolley booth on the corner). I absolutely recommend that lot!!    The secret is to proceed down Drydock Ave then loop around where it changes to Black Falcon Ave. Stop and drop your luggage to the porter (don't forget to tip) and then head straight to the parking lot..... pay and then casually walk back and miss the madness with people dropping of luggage and head up the escalator. 

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, esm54687 said:

There is a lot immediately at the bow that is not the cruise one.... the one you want is the next lot (look on Google Maps for 5 Terminal St - if you do the Google Street View there's an Old Town Trolley booth on the corner). I absolutely recommend that lot!!    The secret is to proceed down Drydock Ave then loop around where it changes to Black Falcon Ave. Stop and drop your luggage to the porter (don't forget to tip) and then head straight to the parking lot..... pay and then casually walk back and miss the madness with people dropping of luggage and head up the escalator. 

Thank you for this! Any chance you remember the cost for parking for the week?