Convertible Sofa beds on Solstice class ships

Swann5

We are considering sharing a cabin with a third adult family member and wondering just how comfortable the convertible sofas are for adults. Do they put some sort of a mattress topper on when they make up this bed? Im really concerned it may be too hard and uncomfortable for the adult that gets to sleep on it, but a second cabin is out of the question, so any advice on previous experiences and making do is appreciated.

Dianne

We have had 2 cruises with 3 adults in a cabin, once on the Reflection and the other on the Silhouette. Both cruises were 12+ nights and had no complaints. The pull out bed is a trundle type but when only one sleeping space is needed, the cabin steward takes the bolsters off the sofa and makes it up as a bed. Plenty of room but I would imagine the firmness of the sofa dictates the firmness of the bed. If the bed is too firm you could always ask the cabin steward to add the unused mattress from the trundle to the single bed. Hope this helps.

Edited by Jordanyaya1

I have been on Solstice twice. The first time I slept on the trundle part of the sofa bed and the second time on the sofa itself.  I actually have found those two trips the best I have ever slept on a cruise!  Now it might depend on how tall the other person is (I am only 5'1"), but it was really comfortable to me. No there was not a mattress topper.