Did we miss out?

DebW

Experienced cruiser but newbie to Disney cruising.  We did not book Frozen or Princess gatherings when it first opened.  The tickets are now all gone.  Is there any other way or is our 3 year old going to miss meeting her heroines.?

Booked on the Fantasy 9/20/10

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, DebW said:

Experienced cruiser but newbie to Disney cruising.  We did not book Frozen or Princess gatherings when it first opened.  The tickets are now all gone.  Is there any other way or is our 3 year old going to miss meeting her heroines.?

Booked on the Fantasy 9/20/10

Thanks.

You can keep checking online until you depart for the cruise.  Sometimes people will cancel.  

Once onboard, you can check (I believe at Guest Services) to see if any additional tickets are available.  I've read that additional meet & greets have been added when demand is high.

Be aware there are lots of other character meet & greets that don't require tickets. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

While not ideally timed for a 3 year old, on the last night of the voyage, starting at I believe 9:30, there is a final character gathering in the main atrium called "Till we meet again."  There is an introduction of various characters, and then a little time for meet & greet with photos.  I doubt there is a fixed set of characters, but I think Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy are normally there.  On my only cruise on the Fantasy, I remember Ariel being there.  Perhaps one or two other official princesses, maybe Jasmine or Cinderella, but I am not sure.  I don't think Anna and Elsa were there (sorry). 

The Frozen and Princess gatherings seem to be the most popular, and thus are now (no extra charge) ticketed events. 

As I recall, Aladdin is one of the main Disney production shows on the Fantasy.  So your daughter should be able to see Jasmine on stage, although that isn't a meet and greet.  Still, has she been to meet and greets at the Disney Parks (since children that age don't always like being up close and personal with the characters. 

For the princess meet and greet, it is possible that your daughter might be able to see/watch the 3-4 princesses in the atrium during the formal meet from an upstairs railing.  If you think she might like seeing them from another deck, you could try that.  Or, if you think she will be jealous of the others getting to meet the princesses, you might want to make sure you don't walk through the atrium during the event.  (At least, in my experience most of the meet and greets are in the atrium.  Although, I think the Frozen one is elsewhere, perhaps in a dining room outside of regular mealtimes). 

They usually do non-ticketed meet and greets with individual princesses at various times during the voyage as well. These are just with one princess though, not the 3 or 4 like at the princess gathering. Don't think I have ever seen the Frozen characters available other than at the ticketed gathering.