Bellissima speciality dining restaurants - question

claiream3

H, on my cruise personaliser there is the option to book a package of restaurants in advance. Can I just book the one once I am on board instead? I only really want to go to the steakhouse.... (or, is the MDR food that bad [read scary reviews on another section of cruisecritic] about really bad food, food poisoning, people going hungry meaning the extra-charge restaurants are sought after)...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Claire

13 hours ago, claiream3 said:

H, on my cruise personaliser there is the option to book a package of restaurants in advance. Can I just book the one once I am on board instead? I only really want to go to the steakhouse.... (or, is the MDR food that bad [read scary reviews on another section of cruisecritic] about really bad food, food poisoning, people going hungry meaning the extra-charge restaurants are sought after)...

Thanks in advance for any info.

Claire

We recently had absolutely no problems at all with booking specialty restaurants on board and Butchers Cut was the only one that was ever fairly busy however there was never an issue getting a table there and we thought it was certainly a massive upgrade on the MDR food.

We thought the best tables were those outside the restaurant on the veranda although sure others may not agree but from those you can watch the ceiling light show if you make your booking to coincide with the timings.

Also did the dinner CDS but it was included as a freebie in our original reservation pleased it was as although the show was pretty good the dinner was just ok and we were well didn’t have to pay extra for it.