Thoughts on Promenade view on Adventure vs. balcony

We recently sailed on Adventure. Wife and I had a balcony and our 2 daughters 15 and 9 had a promenade room view. Directly across from us.  Few things, the extra bathroom was wonderful. Especially when getting up in the morning and ready for dinner. I can see why some are concerned with the privacy thing. Definitely told the girls "if you can see what is going on across from you, ppl can see what you are doing." Kids enjoyed ppl watching when they wanted to hang out in their cabin. They slept like logs. Enjoyed the fact that they could make the room completely dark. Usually left the bathroom light on/door cracked at night. There were a few times when they mentioned hearing their neighbors, but it didn't keep them from sleeping or enjoying themselves when they were in there. When we mentioned booking a similar set up for next years' cruise, neither of them complained about the set up. Having them inside, rather than next to us, kept wife and I from worrying about them being on the balcony alone. 

We had a promenade room  on Adventure, on deck 8 at the very end close to elevators. It was very quiet, no problem with noise from bars, etc.  The window seat, however, was the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I’ver Ever tried to sit on. It felt like a concrete block covered with fabric.😂

Sherri🙂

We sailed on the Navigator (sister ship to Adventure) in June with our two young kids. We had adjoining promenade rooms and I will not make that mistake again.  The noise is unbearable and had to sleep with earplugs in (which RC will give you if you ask).  I expected some noise from the bars and music and that was fine with the ear plugs.  What I did not expect is the promenade parties that they had.  The first night from 10pm-midnight they had an 80's party on the promenade blasting music that shook the room and the earplugs did not help.  Same for the other nights but which ended by 10 pm so we just kept the kids up late and that worked out fine.  Privacy was not an issue. The shades block out the light and peepers.  

You can't really see anything from them so the issue with the sound made these rooms pretty miserable.  Our next cruise we just booked two adjoining interior rooms.  We only spent time in the rooms to sleep and all the other time was on deck or doing activities.