Traveling with children to Progreso with only one parent present

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this question or not. We are booked on Carnival Dream leaving Galveston on July 27. Our ports of call are Cozumel and Yucatan (Progreso). We are traveling with our adult daughter and her three children. According to the Carnival website, our daughter will need a signed/notarized letter from her ex-husband in order for the children to get off the ship in Mexico. (Not required by Carnival but supposedly required by Mexico.) My daughter has sole legal custody of her children; their father abandoned them almost eight years ago. My daughter will have with her a document called "Declaration for Internation Travel with One Legal Guardian" that she has signed/notarized stating she has sole custody and does not legally require the consent of any other person to travel with the children, as well as their passports.

Can anyone give us insight if this is sufficient? If not, what else do we need? We are just a week out from the cruise and not sure if we can even locate her ex, let alone if he will sign, notarize, and return to us before we leave home on July 26. (He lives in another state.)  

Thank you for any help or guidance you have to share!

Kathy

Kathy,

I would probably try posting this on the Carnival board with a title that talks about traveling with just one parent.  The Progreso board is not really a very busy board, so there will likely be few to no posters here to help you out.   Hope you find the answers you are looking for.