Splendour- aft jr suites?

redheadx3

We love them - they are very nice balconies, and I suspect they book up quickly, but I don't know that for a fact. We had the portside corner cabin and just loved it. The balconies are much larger than those on the sides of the ship, so we had a pair of loungers plus a table & 2 chairs.

As I recall, the side cabins' balconies are cut from the hull, so they are fully covered/enclosed. The stern cabins are partly covered and partly exposed to the sun.

The corner cabins do not wrap around the side of the ship the same way those on Vision of the Seas, a sister ship, do, but you can still stick your head out the side and have a view that way. Also, there is a crew deck down on Deck 6 where they will hang out at night. They're not really noisy, but you'll know they're there. I thought it was nice, really.

We splurged this time and have 8084 for the 3/18 sailing. Can anyone tell me whether the loungers are already on the aft deck or do I need to ask the steward for them? We hope to be able to do some sunning on the balcony and don't just want chairs.

We are sailing March 13, cabin #8080. I booked my cabin in January 2005. I hope we have some sun exposure. My DW & I want to get some sun. Not sure if we want to fight all the chair hogs, and kids from spring break.

Archived