Oceanviews on Pride

Hensley3

Hi All,

We are booked in an oceanview on deck 1 of the Pride.  It looks like it is literally surrounded by busy areas....dance club at one end, punchliner/karaoke lounge at the other end, and pubs, bars, etc on deck 2 above.  Any reviews I have read about having busy decks above you say you can hear the noises pretty bad, but I can't find any info specifically about this ship.  Did they do a better job of soundproofing for this, lol, or are we destined for a very noisy room?  Looking for experience from people who have stayed in an oceanview on deck 1 of the Pride.

Thanks!

I haven't sailed on the Pride, but I have sailed twice on the Miracle, Pride's sister ship (same design).  

On both sailings, I had a stateroom on Deck 1 and had zero complaints about noises from adjacent or above.  Best that I can remember, our rooms were perfectly quiet.  Our rooms were mid-ships, but directly underneath the main atrium area...and, again, we had zero issues.

Garnett

It's been a while since I sailed on Deck 1 on the Pride.  At the time, however, I didn't think at all about noise, and my DIL, who is very noise sensitive, had an inside cabin and said that she slept well.  I think you'll be fine!

You may be getting responses from people who booked mid-ship forward on deck 1. If you are on the port side by the dance club, you've got a problem. The club is on decks 1 and 2. We booked a french door cabin on deck 4 about 40 feet forward of being over the dance club. We thought we were safe. The room vibrated with bass until two plus in the morning. I could feel the vibrations in my pillow and mattress. You could feel the vibrations walking in the passageway - on deck 4! I tend to walk the promenade deck in the evening before bed. It is on deck three. I could hear the music and feel the vibrations in my feet through the teak flooring. 

This was our experience.

Thanks everyone!

A balcony cabin became available this morning so we just upgraded. 

2 hours ago, John Reid said:

You may be getting responses from people who booked mid-ship forward on deck 1. If you are on the port side by the dance club, you've got a problem. The club is on decks 1 and 2. We booked a french door cabin on deck 4 about 40 feet forward of being over the dance club. We thought we were safe. The room vibrated with bass until two plus in the morning. I could feel the vibrations in my pillow and mattress. You could feel the vibrations walking in the passageway - on deck 4! I tend to walk the promenade deck in the evening before bed. It is on deck three. I could hear the music and feel the vibrations in my feet through the teak flooring. 

This was our experience.

SO, we are now in an aft balcony at the back of the ship on Deck 4.  Are we in worse shape now LOL?

1 hour ago, Hensley3 said:

Thanks everyone!

A balcony cabin became available this morning so we just upgraded. 

SO, we are now in an aft balcony at the back of the ship on Deck 4.  Are we in worse shape now LOL?

The club ends at the rear elevators. The aft balconies go back from the far end of the elevators and are not directly over the club. Each cabin further back, less and less of a chance. It's possible no aft balconies hear anything. Are you on the same side as the club, port/left?

Enjoy the balcony and cruise.

26 minutes ago, John Reid said:

The club ends at the rear elevators. The aft balconies go back from the far end of the elevators and are not directly over the club. Each cabin further back, less and less of a chance. It's possible no aft balconies hear anything. Are you on the same side as the club, port/left?

Enjoy the balcony and cruise.

Ok, I think we will be alright then lol. By the sounds of it the vibrations reach pretty far though! I would have never guessed that.  We are in an aft balcony, meaning on the aft of the ship in the middle looking out over the wake. Never had one before, so we are pretty excited.

Thanks!! 😊

We've been on the Carnival Pride many times, and we always either book the same standard balcony cabin on the Main Deck AFT or, once we booked an extended balcony on the Upper Deck AFT overlooking the ship's wake. We love the AFT area and the main or upper deck. It's convenient, quiet, very easy to get an elevator if you like. Enjoy your cruise.

Just got off.  My traveling companions had cabins around 1147.  The comedy club is on that floor as is the galley.  We were balcony deck 5, our friends extended aft balcony deck 5.  It’s an awesome cabin.  We had a blast on Pride, it’s our favorite cruise.  Enjoy.