Shout-out for TripInsuranceStore

aungrl

Can I just do a shout-out to the great team at TripInsuranceStore.com?  Based on the recommendations of so many people on CC, as well as the in-depth Q&A with Steve a year or so ago, I spent a good bit of time on their website and blog posts, and then talked to Deanna for about an hour this morning.   The information they provide, the thoroughness of their answers, the advice they’re able to give, and their professional yet personable attitude are just amazing.  I’m so glad I paid attention to everyone who has heaped praise on them over the years, because my experience just now would say that it is 100% deserved.  I’d recommend them to anyone looking at any type of travel insurance for any reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aungrl said:

Can I just do a shout-out to the great team at TripInsuranceStore.com?  Based on the recommendations of so many people on CC, as well as the in-depth Q&A with Steve a year or so ago, I spent a good bit of time on their website and blog posts, and then talked to Deanna for about an hour this morning.   The information they provide, the thoroughness of their answers, the advice they’re able to give, and their professional yet personable attitude are just amazing.  I’m so glad I paid attention to everyone who has heaped praise on them over the years, because my experience just now would say that it is 100% deserved.  I’d recommend them to anyone looking at any type of travel insurance for any reason.

Thank you.  This is one of the places I am looking at for Cancel For Any Reason. Did you have to use the policy or did you just purchase?  Thank you.

I’m about to purchase, pending finalizing the trip arrangements with my TA later this week.  If you have a chance, you can call anyone there and they’ll give you great information about how CFAR works, why you might or might not need it - in our case, because I have an elderly mom and an older dog, it always makes sense for us to have it - and, perhaps even more importantly, some examples of how claims have actually worked with some of their policies.  I found this really helpful.

Another thing that’s informative is to visit their website and read the information that’s posted there.  I learned a lot, and also figured out some questions to ask that I wouldn’t have thought of on my own.  Good luck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, js said:

Thank you.  This is one of the places I am looking at for Cancel For Any Reason. Did you have to use the policy or did you just purchase?  Thank you.

We have been using insurance from TripInsuranceStore.com since learning about it here  on CC back in mid 2013.

They've recommended policies from Travel Insured.

And YES, we have had claims, several of them, including some large claims.

And TI has paid promptly, without any nonsense.  THAT is what it is all about.

We do get CFAR coverage, but thus far, it isn't what we've needed to use.

And TIS recommended the appropriate policies for us.

(And once, Steve pointed out that maybe for that one trip, we didn't need a separate policy.  I thought about what he was saying, and he was correct.  He *could* just have sold us another policy.  But he didn't.  That really got my attention, and impressed both of us.)

RM

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 12:51 PM, aungrl said:

Thanks for the referral.  I used InsureMyTrip last time, and was about to purchase from CAA (Canadian Automobile Association), but I will call TripInsuranceStore for a quote.  CAA said I should purchase cancellation insurance within 72 hours on my $500 deposit which I made last night.

12 minutes ago, red-dragon said:

Thanks for the referral.  I used InsureMyTrip last time, and was about to purchase from CAA (Canadian Automobile Association), but I will call TripInsuranceStore for a quote.  CAA said I should purchase cancellation insurance within 72 hours on my $500 deposit which I made last night.

I don’t want to give you bad advice, so definitely ask tomorrow when you speak to Steve or one of his associates at TIS, but they have a number of well-vetted policies that require you to purchase them within the first 7, 14, or 21 days - NOT the first 3.  Good luck!

4 minutes ago, aungrl said:

I don’t want to give you bad advice, so definitely ask tomorrow when you speak to Steve or one of his associates at TIS, but they have a number of well-vetted policies that require you to purchase them within the first 7, 14, or 21 days - NOT the first 3.  Good luck!

Thank you so much, I felt so rushed, and I definitely do not want to be rushed into buying trip insurance (unless it's last minute, which I'm not!).  Will let you know how it goes :)

On 8/3/2019 at 9:12 PM, aungrl said:

I just wanted to get back to you on what Steve said.  The insurance guidelines have changed so he's not able to provide info/quotes for Canadians anymore.  I'm glad he was honest about it.  I was ready to use his services, so sad!