Is a Journeys cruise more formal?

DaisyGirl55

Sailing on the reposition Mardi Gras cruise next year...yay!  I have been reading up on some of the details since this is a Journeys cruise.  I am beyond excited at all of the Firsts I will experience, even though I have been on 50+ cruises LOL.  

My question at the moment is this:  Since the Journeys experience encompasses a trip back in time to Midnight Buffets, a true Captain's cocktail party, and activities - is the dress code for the elegant nights more like the way it used to be?  Suits, tuxes, long dresses, a little more bling?  I kind of hope that it is.  I always enjoy dressing up (and yes, I know that everyone doesn't share my feeling this way - but that is okay!).  I just would love to see the guests all gussied up like it used to be - even if for only one night.  We do so anyway, and I have no problem with those who are more casual.  But it was fun, and the atmosphere was different.

So, like I said...I was just wondering....

• Like 1

We have sailed on 2 recent Journeys cruises and there were definitely more people more dressed up, something we've always enjoyed as a long-standing tradition.  Go for it!

• Like 3

I have bee on three and found that while there may be a few more people really dressing up it is not really that much different. There were usually an older crowd so  some more probably dressed.