Belize cave tubing: anyone do the private excursion?

BENHANDEL

I know this is not necessarily carnival-specific, but we will be on the Breeze and this forum gets so much more activity than the port boards!

Has anyone done the private transportation and tour through buttsup? We will have a group of 9 and the price for our own tour is about what carnival would charge per person. I have communicated with the company, but I wonder if people felt like they got a "good" tour guide and if it was worth the extra money. Thanks in advance!

I used them in December 2018.  I was pleased and I would use them again.  We were a group of four and we had the van and guide to ourselves.  They had us back to the port in plenty of time.  I think they even have the tubes waiting for us so we didn't have to carry them ourselves.  Also the included lunch was very good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BENHANDEL said:

I know this is not necessarily carnival-specific, but we will be on the Breeze and this forum gets so much more activity than the port boards!

Has anyone done the private transportation and tour through buttsup? We will have a group of 9 and the price for our own tour is about what carnival would charge per person. I have communicated with the company, but I wonder if people felt like they got a "good" tour guide and if it was worth the extra money. Thanks in advance!

My wife and daughter used Cavetubing.bz in December.  They combined the trip with a zipline adventure, where they got to zipline 5 stations and then cave tube after that.  They enjoyed everything except they were not a fan of the Belizean lunch that they provide.  Other than that, they said the rest of the trip was smooth.

23 minutes ago, luv2cruise2thebeach said:

My wife and daughter used Cavetubing.bz in December.  They combined the trip with a zipline adventure, where they got to zipline 5 stations and then cave tube after that.  They enjoyed everything except they were not a fan of the Belizean lunch that they provide.  Other than that, they said the rest of the trip was smooth.

The "bad" reviews for that company are way more than the "bad" reviews for butts up. I generally read the highs and lows, and the lows are scary!

I did one I booked online about ten years ago. I think it was cave tubing dot com.  I was not impressed. The water was not clear, the bus had no A/C (this could change clearly as it a long time ago) and it just wasn't anything to write home about...even the caves were utterly underwhelming in my opinion.  We have way better ones in Texas. I would do the cave or cenote yours in Cozumel/Playa and snorkeling in Belize.  Now the caverns in Mexico, in my experience, truly are impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

We used butts up this past June. Great group of guys, lots of fun!!! When your deciding be sure to check to see if you have to carry tubes to the water, butts up has them waiting there. We really enjoyed the entire excursion and the price is more than fair. 

We are using A Plus Adventures Belize when we are there in January. It will be a private tour. The only thing is that you do carry your tube, but they will carry them with you for a small fee. Also, if time allows, they will throw a free Belize city tour in for us before returning us to port.

Regarding Belize excursions. We did a cave tubing activity back in March of 2012. It was called Butts up Cave tubing. Web site is cave-tubing.com. We had a blast. I believe our tubing was a longer run then some of the other companies, because we had been floating awhile and began passing other groups that were just entering the river. I think this means we entered higher upstream. Also I do remember a pretty good hike to our entry point. Might want to inquire about the hike, if walking is a problem for some. Cave tubing is something to see. Kinda cool and spooky at the same time. I give it 2 thumbs up.

We have used them as well and they were amazing.  They also pointed out to us where they put us in and where "ships" put the people in they have a long walk to the area to get into the water.  We were seriously right at the entrance for it.  Our kids were teens and we all really enjoyed it, it was nice and relaxing.  All you really need is a cooler of beer lol

• 3 months later...
On 7/25/2019 at 10:10 AM, BENHANDEL said:

My husband, son and myself did the private tour with butts up because at the time we wanted to do the cave tubing, zip lining and quads (ATV) and we were worried about the time constraints.  When we got there he tried to talk me into going out with the group from the ship and I complained that was not what I had booked and he backed down rather fast and got us a car with a private driver and a guide.  We were the first ones in the caves that day and it was great.  As we were leaving you could see the big groups starting to come.  We then went zip lining and last was the quads and then the food at their place.  We tipped generously and had a great day.  Just make sure you spell out exactly what you want and you shouldn't have a problem.  I remember it fondly every time I was my husbands t-shirt that he bought.