Lisa:

First, thank you for supporting careers for women and thank you for taking the time to answer questions here.

I have been on many Celebrity cruises on all classes, but have really enjoyed cruising on the Edge Class since November.  I enjoyed meeting you briefly in the hallway on the Edge on one of her first cruises in November. I'm sure you were very busy, but you took the the time to talk with me and let me get a selfie with you. It was one of many highlights of my 4 cruises on the Edge, mostly in Sky Suites. I now have another Edge cruise booked, as well as two Apex cruises.

With the Edge, on Cruise Critic many of us enjoyed watching the ship being built and the excitement that built over those 2 years was amazing. We are now watching the Apex build, though have found less excitement building because of the lack of information that we are receiving. I did read an interview where you said that the two ships will be essentially twins, with some tweaks, so understand that the reveals won't be quite the same, but still hope that X will start revealing some things about the Apex.

Reveals I would like to see:

1. Dining on the Apex - will the 4 MDRs be the same? Will there be sound-proofing of restaurants surrounding the GP?  Will RTG and MC have better wind-proofing?

2. Accommodations: any changes to the IV, any changes in balcony furniture in all classes? footstools? tables that we can eat on?

3. Suite Life - a bar in the Retreat Lounge? or any other improvements to suite life

4. Eden - will it have the same theme and entertainment or will it go a different direction? 

5. Spa - will there be the same 8 thermal spa choices?

6. Shops - shops onboard?

7. Entertainment - any changes in the type of programming for the Apex?

8. New Venues? Did I get my Reading Nook? 😉

8. Apex Art - one of my favorite things on the Edge was the amazing art collection - a reveal with a sneak peek of the exciting pieces on the Apex would be appreciated!

Speaking of the Apex Art Collection, one of the things many of us would love is to have is Edge and Apex Art Tours of some of the important pieces on the ship, led by someone familiar with art on the ship and its artists (not Park West). I envision it being similar to the Behind the Scenes Theater Tour - it could be the Behind the Scenes Art Tour. Some of us are developing our own art tours for the Edge and Apex, but one organized by Celebrity would be even better.

So, we are dying for some Apex reveals, even if they are mostly to say things are staying the same. I will be on the Apex in 8 months (the Inaugural) and would love to start learning more about her and feel the excitement build!

Thanks for listening!

Marilyn

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Speaking of the Apex Art Collection, one of the things many of us would love is to have is Edge and Apex Art Tours of some of the important pieces on the ship, led by someone familiar with art on the ship and its artists (not Park West). I envision it being similar to the Behind the Scenes Theater Tour - it could be the Behind the Scenes Art Tour. Some of us are developing our own art tours for the Edge and Apex, but one organized by Celebrity would be even better.

Here is a resounding second for having an Art Tour available. I am sailing on the Edge Dec 15, 2019 believe there would be lot of interest. I don't just think that because I'm an artist, either. I know how many people come to art shows and go to museums because they love art.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm so glad I am getting so many questions about the reveal of Celebrity Apex! We can't wait to start sharing more information about this special new ship, which is the sister ship of Celebrity Edge with few differences.

Thank you and have a great rest of your day!