Distance from cruise ship dock to pools and beach

Hi can any one advise how far it is the cruise ship dock to the swim up bar and pool in Amber Cove.  I have mobility issues and use a walker and cannot walk for long distance.

is there any type of transportation supplied by the port for eg. golf carts, trams or wheelchairs like they have in some other Caribbean ports.

Thanks  for any information.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:04 PM, addicted cruiser said:

Hi can any one advise how far it is the cruise ship dock to the swim up bar and pool in Amber Cove.  I have mobility issues and use a walker and cannot walk for long distance.

is there any type of transportation supplied by the port for eg. golf carts, trams or wheelchairs like they have in some other Caribbean ports.

Thanks  for any information.

I am going next week, so I don't know the answer. But does your post mean that there is a walkable beach/pool area from the port?

2 minutes ago, addicted cruiser said:

Here is a map of Amber CoveBrochure-AmberCove%20jpg.jpg

thank you! But this only looks like a pool and marina. Is there a public access beach there as well?

Edited by gatorgurl

IT doesn’t look there is a beach there but taxis are offered to do tours and go to beaches.  I haven’t been yet so I can’t answer where the beaches are. I am just getting my information from the internet on the Amber Cove’s websites.

From the ship to the shopping area there is transportation by  a 3 wheeled bicycle with seating for 2 adults, if  I remember correctly it’s free but the people who do the pedaling work for tips. I am not sure if you can have them drop you at the pool area, but it would cut the distance from the ship in half.  

FYI the port area was built by Carnival Corp to service its various cruise line brands.  It is set up so that it is easier to stay within the port complex or take a cruise ship excursion, so that Carnival has first chance at your $.  Given that you have mobility issues, I’d recommend taking a ships excursion or using the facilities at the port.  Call Your cruise line and see what accommodations they can provide at that port.

Edited by knbcruisers