MedallionNet on Caribbean Princess Canada/New England

suspaul

Hello.  We’re on a Quebec to NYC cruise in September on the CP, I just purchased the WiFi package but concerned about how well it works.  If anyone has an answer please let me hear from you, thanks in advance.  Good, bad or otherwise appreciated, also we’re you able to Skype?

Thanks again.

14 minutes ago, suspaul said:

Hello.  We’re on a Quebec to NYC cruise in September on the CP, I just purchased the WiFi package but concerned about how well it works.  If anyone has an answer please let me hear from you, thanks in advance.  Good, bad or otherwise appreciated, also we’re you able to Skype?

Thanks again.

It should work quite well as it is the modern Medallion Net.  You might want to reconsider the pre-booking, especially if you have some OBC to spend.  There is always a very good price on board the day you board (only).  So, booking then will likely be better than the advance offer - not worse.

Thanks for the advice steelers36.  I may have 'jumped the gun' in booking it as we returned from a different cruise line a few weeks ago and their pre-booking cost was nearly $50 less - than when I inquired on the first day onboard, that and adding insult to injury, their wifi was nearly useless.  

Wonder if anyone has info about using skype?

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

I'm interested in knowing this as well for our Canada/Greenland cruise in a few weeks.  Once you get a little north of NYC, I think the speed deteriorates. 

Screenshot from 2019-07-20 19-38-01.png

MEO satellites are the satellites that provide the "same as home" internet.  GEO satellites bring the at-sea internet we've all learned to hate.

That "MEO + GEO" footprint is total ad puffery.   If you're in the yellow, you will get pure GEO uplinks.

440px-O3b_satellite_constellation.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0e/O3b_satellite_constellation.png/440px-O3b_satellite_constellation.png

Edited by Haboob