All Inclusive Beach Break w/ kids

MelB821

We have a large party (8Adults/8Kids) that will be in Costa Maya in December 2019 on the Norwegian Escape. Unfortunately, Maya Chan is full for the day an no longer taking names for the wait list. Does anyone have another AI kid friendly recommendation for our group?

Thank you in advance! 

Edited by MelB821

NoHoch Kay and Jaimie's Blue Reef, both on the malecon have children as guests.  There are no watertoys.

You can book either via their FB pages or through Island Marketing. 

I believe Blue Kay at the northern end of the malecon has AI packages, but not and exclusive AI beach club.

Similarly, Pez Quadro and Pitaya in the middle of the malecon.

23 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

NoHoch Kay and Jaimie's Blue Reef, both on the malecon have children as guests.  There are no watertoys.

You can book either via their FB pages or through Island Marketing. 

I believe Blue Kay at the northern end of the malecon has AI packages, but not and exclusive AI beach club.

Similarly, Pez Quadro and Pitaya in the middle of the malecon.

@crewsweeper you are a wealth of information! I find this port the most difficult one to narrow down for beach clubs as there are so many and will be our first time in Costa Maya.

What would you recommend between Jaimie's, Pez Quadro or Nohoch Kay if you had the choice? All adults sailing....

Thank you in advance!

Well my personal choice would be Jaime's.  But that's a bit biased as we've known him for years since before he came down from Playa del Carmen to Mahahual.  So DW always goes to his place when she's on a "girls cruise" and we both go there, but I wander around a bit, when we're together on a cruise.  He used to have No Hoch Kay.

I have heard the service there went down once he left.  Book Jaimes' in advance.

In the earlier days, Pez Quadro, which is the 40 Canones Hotel's beach club, had the best beach massages and really nice service and good food.  They have an assortment of day packages, and good loungers.  Used to be all palapas but think they've added the linen covers over some loungers now.

Does anyone have an opinion on Almaplena Eco Resort VS Jaime's? I just cant decide!

Also .. any info on the seagrass situation in November? I read somewhere that it may clear out by August?!

Edited by MelB821

Almaplena is further south than Maya Chan, but water and sand would be close to that at MC. Sargassum would still be an issue though.  Limits day guests to 25 or so, depending on actual staying guests.  Beach is strictly just Almaplena versus along  the malecon where there are many people, but Jaime's is/was a bit more isolated without other clubs right next door. Biggest negative is the rough road to get there.

Thank you for all the great info!! Crewsweeper your insight has ben very helpful! I think we will go to Jaime's. I have found some great reviews on the staff, food and drinks. Plus snorkel equipment and kayaks are included in the day pass (less $ too).  

42 minutes ago, MelB821 said:

Thank you for all the great info!! Crewsweeper your insight has ben very helpful! I think we will go to Jaime's. I have found some great reviews on the staff, food and drinks. Plus snorkel equipment and kayaks are included in the day pass (less $ too).  

Enjoy.  If Jaimie is there, tell him Crew Sweeper says hey.  Might get you kicked out, but why not LOL.:classic_biggrin:

Edited by crewsweeper

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, crewsweeper said:

Well my personal choice would be Jaime's.  But that's a bit biased as we've known him for years since before he came down from Playa del Carmen to Mahahual.  So DW always goes to his place when she's on a "girls cruise" and we both go there, but I wander around a bit, when we're together on a cruise.  He used to have No Hoch Kay.

I have heard the service there went down once he left.  Book Jaimes' in advance.

In the earlier days, Pez Quadro, which is the 40 Canones Hotel's beach club, had the best beach massages and really nice service and good food.  They have an assortment of day packages, and good loungers.  Used to be all palapas but think they've added the linen covers over some loungers now.

As always- thank you for the great intel!