Nervous about Hong Kong?

BUgrad

Viking will monitor the situation closely and if risks are excessive, will make changes. Our cruise next year has already dropped 3 ports. We have 3 days in HK in March and I have no doubts the current issues will be resolved.

We are leaving in September and Hong Kong is the last port.  I am not worried as Viking will change ports if need be.  Also, things were getting very heated in the last 24 hours so guessing it might be done by September.

34 minutes ago, cvgrammy said:

We are leaving in September and Hong Kong is the last port.  I am not worried as Viking will change ports if need be.  Also, things were getting very heated in the last 24 hours so guessing it might be done by September.

I'm sure it will all be ok.  Major issue if an arrival/departure port is changed due to impact on flights. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

We had a port change last year - for political reasons, Tunis was replaced with Naples - which was fine with us.

I'm sorry for you that you didn't have the opportunity to visit Tunis (and environs) - pretty spectacular.

2 minutes ago, Hunding said:

I'm sorry for you that you didn't have the opportunity to visit Tunis (and environs) - pretty spectacular.

We did get one port in North Africa (Algiers) and we did get the opportunity to tour Herculaneum - something on our bucket list. BTW, we took the optional Viking excursion which was terrific - great guide, very reasonable cost.