EDGE aft sky suites

happyyaya

1.  Are the Edge aft Sky Suite 1 cabins and balconies larger than sky suite 1 port and starboard side?

2.  Looking at decks 9, 10 and 11 Sky Suite 1 Afts:  anyone stayed in these, without booking adjoining sunset verandas at the same time?

I'm presuming the configuration will be the same on Apex. 

Thanks for any assistance and/or photos.

Yes and yes. The balconies are double the size of the port and starboard ones - 163 sq ft. Lovely aft views!

The S1 shares a hallway with the SV next door.

They are nice suites though a long walk to elevator. The beds do not face the ocean as advertised- the port and starboard ones do. The bathrooms are amazing!

Apex should be the same though hopefully better balcony furniture.

4CFE8E35-2C6F-464D-8BCD-8E506A4E7C91.thumb.jpeg.d7e7a573434582fed20354aac24f4ce4.jpeg

BD08948D-2156-41EF-AE4E-437EF0F71A17.thumb.jpeg.436cda4e99f43f6e55002293a270ff1b.jpeg

F77FB6B4-3EEE-4778-8375-5E47EC58BA0A.thumb.jpeg.cf2ed40c11dc8f84a7793e3f9a858dbf.jpeg

F4DD1BAB-7A48-4A56-851B-C20EB9ADA8EE.thumb.jpeg.1ff4c31131bdf280cee32362205f1d8a.jpeg

• Like 1

The main thing missing in the aft S1s is the mirror/window in the bathroom that opens to allow you to view the ocean from the bathroom.  In the port and starboard cabins ( I don't know if this is true of all the cabins, but was in mine) the bed is on the wall of the bathroom (looking out to sea), and this window is above the bed and above the sink in the bathroom. It's a nice feature, but it may not make up for the larger balcony in the aft S1s.  I was on the port side and the balcony was very small. on the Edge all the suite amenities (Luminae, the Retreat, and pool area) are far forward, so it is a very long walk from the aft cabins.

Carolyn

16 minutes ago, Doctor G said:

The main thing missing in the aft S1s is the mirror/window in the bathroom that opens to allow you to view the ocean from the bathroom.  In the port and starboard cabins ( I don't know if this is true of all the cabins, but was in mine) the bed is on the wall of the bathroom (looking out to sea), and this window is above the bed and above the sink in the bathroom. It's a nice feature, but it may not make up for the larger balcony in the aft S1s.  I was on the port side and the balcony was very small. on the Edge all the suite amenities (Luminae, the Retreat, and pool area) are far forward, so it is a very long walk from the aft cabins.

Carolyn

Yes, all of the port and starboard S1's (and the S2's) have the bed facing the ocean with the mirror/window in the bathroom facing the ocean. They all have a balcony of about 79 sq ft (as opposed to 163 sq ft for aft ones), but do fit 2 loungers, if you ask. The dresser is smaller and the closet more awkward to get to in the aft one (it is next to bed and bathroom) - the port and starboard ones have a bigger dresser and easier access to closet (in entryway).

We have been in both an S1 aft and an S1 portside and I actually changed my last cruise back to the portside one we had in Nov from the aft one we had booked, after we had tried both. We love the aft and the huge balcony, but decided to go back to the bed facing the ocean (and have the ability to look at the ocean from the bathroom too). 🙂  It was nice to be closer to the Retreat Lounge, Sundeck and Luminae, though we missed the gorgeous balcony in the aft. A difficult decision, though you really can't lose. We really enjoyed the Edge suite life.

Port side S1 - view from the bathroom:

image.thumb.png.63e10adcf6c260baa65c45a202a2427a.png

Edited by vtcruising