Cirque 'con' or just poor marketing....

citizenfrank

I'm chuckling here to myself!

I've just rang MSC UK to add the 'final' piece in my next MSC cruise jigsaw (I say next cruise but you never know when you sneak something else in do you 😀)....by the way, call was straight through, no messing about, a great adviser on the other end of the phone, highly efficient and more than a pleasure to speak with with great knowledge and understanding ....MSC customer services is alive, well and fantastic so do not believe the hype!

With drinking and dining all sorted I wanted to attend the Cirque show to see how it migrates from land in Vegas to sea and because based on that experience the concept is very skilled and highly entertaining.

As we know, there are two ways to do this ...a package with food or with a drink.

Now I don't mix entertainment with eating, a massive conflict of interest there lol! Plus Mrs Frank is more than entertaining when she tucks in to her meal 😂

So, the Premium Cocktail' option at 14.00 per person it was, no problem.

But then I thought about it.... my 16 year old will only get a soda & no cocktail other than a virgin and we all have the drinks package anyway so why not just market this as a 14.00 per person admission charge!!!!

Don't misread or understand the origin of the post ....I'm more than happy with this, but poor marketing I may suggest! 

Edited by citizenfrank
multiple post

I guess the main reason is the drink package wouldn't cover that cocktail provided there.  But essentially you are just paying for the show is the way I see it.  I just figure the cocktail or whatever is just a small bonus.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

I guess the main reason is the drink package wouldn't cover that cocktail provided there.  But essentially you are just paying for the show is the way I see it.  I just figure the cocktail or whatever is just a small bonus.  

Never thought of it being a 'bespoke' cocktail outside of any package ...That makes more sense and yes a bonus.

Personally I'm happy to pay the 14.00 based on the act and the lounge created/dedicated to them.