Naples Airport

I think it pretty much depends on when your flight lands, if its one of the first in its fairly quick and straight forward, but later in the morning after 11.30 thro 1.30 Tui land 6 flights almost simultaneously and the airport just cant cope, thats when the jam happens. Flights that take of before 8am UK time are usually ok. hth

The main problem, in our opinion, was not the wait for luggage, that was bad enough,  but the long walk with luggage to the coaches - a very long way with pavements, kerbs etc to negotiate in high temperatures - never again unless its

' Bonded Luggage '

Just now, ormy said:

The main problem, in our opinion, was not the wait for luggage, that was bad enough,  but the long walk with luggage to the coaches - a very long way with pavements, kerbs etc to negotiate in high temperatures - never again unless its

' Bonded Luggage '

Agree it is a long walk but imo no different to landing at one of the far off gates at Palma, only diff is Palma has air con!! Unfortunately it isnt going to change anytime soon at Naples unless Tui bribe the local council lol!:classic_biggrin:

My flight out to Naples was at 8:40, the aircraft circled for about 40 minutes for a landing slot and I had to wait 30 minutes for my luggage. Maybe I was lucky. The walk to the coaches wasn't too bad, the only worry was that the TUI reps were gathered in groups about 10 feet apart then no-one for a large distance which gave me a brief worry that I might be lost. Not as bad as I feared really.

We are in our seventies, and we found the walk, with luggage, a complete nightmare.

We will certainly not be using Naples in future, unless drastic improvements are made.

47 minutes ago, ormy said:

We are in our seventies, and we found the walk, with luggage, a complete nightmare.

We will certainly not be using Naples in future, unless drastic improvements are made.

Now I understand @ormy thought u were only a young thing 🤣😝bless you should have asked for help but guess u r like my dad and bugger on regardless as he says , lol x

I found the flight  home was worse for me, they dropped us at the airport 4 hours before the flight, chaos, not enough seating, trying to find a loo which was actually open and I got stopped for a bag search (this was the third time in 3 years). Why they pick on me I don't know, I am pushing 70 myself, must look a bit dodgy, must have a shave and wear a suit.

• Haha 1

We landed at 1pm, no buses available so stuck on plane then slow delivery of luggage and finally after ‘the walk’ we were on the bus at 2.30pm.

Going home and the 30 minute transfer time ended up at just over an hour. Airport was hot and no seats at all in the departure area we were in, things were running late and the heat was getting to people. The only good thing is bonded luggage going home worked well but will not be flying to Naples again bonded or not.

1 hour ago, ormy said:

If you fancy the Adriatic have a look at departing Dubrovnik,  it's ' Bonded  Luggage ' both arrival and departing.

Thanks for that ormy  we do love the Adriatic, probably more than the Caribbean, so have flow into Dubrovnik many times and experienced the bonded luggage which is good for us oldies one of the reasons we booked Naples which was supposed to be bonded both ways.

16 hours ago, GOQ said:

I found the flight  home was worse for me, they dropped us at the airport 4 hours before the flight, chaos, not enough seating, trying to find a loo which was actually open and I got stopped for a bag search (this was the third time in 3 years). Why they pick on me I don't know, I am pushing 70 myself, must look a bit dodgy, must have a shave and wear a suit.

Do you look anything like this bloke.

Screenshot_2019-08-07 arthur daley - Google Search.png

• Haha 1