Genuine champagne or not in premium package?

SandyDix

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Sorry, didn't mean to sound pretentious.  Just wasn't sure what the corkage fee policy was and since I know liquor and such is included in the RS as a perk, I just wondered.  Good to know there is not a corkage fee in any stateroom.  As we usually fly to the port, I've never brought my own wine on board.  Thank you for the information.

You didn’t, no worries. 😄

If you do bring wine on board, be sure it’s in your carry on.

Enjoy your cruise! 

We quite enjoy Domain Chandon when on the premium package as we have enjoyed their winery in Napa Valley many times, its truly one of the finest and nicest facilities in the Napa area and as it is owned by Chandon from France it is a very good Champagne and YES it is Champagne, to hell with the French and their laws LOL  We have our Sommelier have a glass waiting on our MDR table when we arrive nightly and tell him the first night we will be having 2 to 3 glasses each prior to our red wine with dinner.....they always ensure there's a couple of fresh and properly chilled bottles for us nightly....a little planning with your Sommelier goes a long way for your enjoyment...that and a $20 tip on night 1!

18 hours ago, SheriffJoe said:

We quite enjoy Domain Chandon when on the premium package as we have enjoyed their winery in Napa Valley many times, its truly one of the finest and nicest facilities in the Napa area and as it is owned by Chandon from France it is a very good Champagne and YES it is Champagne, to hell with the French and their laws LOL 

LOL indeed. The folks at Chandon would never call it that!  🤣

(Glad to find another Domain Chandon fan.)

When the protection law was signed protecting the term “Champagne” some California wineries that were using the term were grandfathered in. Most don’t use it out of respect, but I know at least 2 that do. The label states California Champagne and it’s pretty crappy

• Like 1

I have been to Chandon and Mumm's in California and they do make fine sparkling wine, but it is not Champagne.  I have visited several producers in Champagne too and all their wines were great, There are other American sparkling wines (even from Texas) that are very good, but there are many more that are terrible.  The same hold in France, but the designation of Champagne almost always means that the wine will be very good.  On Celebrity when I have the choice between Chandon and Motaundon, I will go with the Motaundon.  You have to respect the French for ensuring a consistently high quality product in Champagne.  I will let others enjoy their Californian Champagne, Californian Red Burgundy and white zinfandel.

• Like 1