Wellington Cave to Coast Tour with Zozo Travel

BoopTennis

Has anyone ever done this excursion?  Comments?

https://www.zozotravel.co.nz/from-cave-to-coast-highlights

Take a coastal drive around Oriental Bay and Evans Bay Parade, past the iconic Wellington Blown Away sign before a visit to the famous Weta Cave Shop, the hub of Weta Studios. Here you can snap a selfie with the life-sized sculptures, wander through the mini-museum, and watch the exclusive documentary. It's a movie lover's paradise.

The coastal theme continues with a drive along scenic Shelly Bay and around the Miramar Peninsula, including a lunch stop at a seaside cafe or restaurant (mains and a drink included). The tour takes on a sombre tone with a short stop at the Wahine Memorial Park before you explore the south Wellington coast, Taputarenga Marine Reserve and Te Kopahou Reserve Visitors Centre.

As the tour returns to the city, optional stops are available at central city locations, including the Cable Car, National War Memorial, Brooklyn Wind Turbine or Old St Paul’s Cathedral before the final drop off.

Information:

• Duration: 5 hours

• Suggested start time: 1000

• Group size limits: 2 - 11

• Departs from Wellington i-SITE, cruise ship or from local accommodation by request

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry; not familiar with that tour company, although I don't live in NZ/Australia and haven't researched Wellington much.  It sounds like an interesting tour, though, although it doesn't appear to show you much of the central part of Wellington.  That could be bad or good.  I'm usually more interested in outside the cities than inside, so it has gotten my attention.   I do know that you can take a public bus or taxi (though lengthy) to the Weta Cave, outside center city Wellington.  Weta Cave looks pretty cool to me, although most people do a tour there, not just go take pictures outside the building and visit the shop.  The tour implies a fun stop with a few fun pictures, but no real substance.

Have you looked at Trip Advisor to see if there are any comments on this tour company?  I usually try to do that first before booking.