Cant log into App / Profile Anonymous ??

I installed the App into my Android phone, however it will not allow me to log in.

I am able to log in just fine on my laptop just not the app. I tried to reset my password on the app however it says user not found, however I was able to reset it on my computer.

Nothing has helped.

Also on my computer when I go into my profile  I noticed a small icon that looks like an eye next to my profile pic. It says that I am anonymous and will not be seen on any list. What does this mean? Will my post be seen? Im not even sure if this post will be seen.

Help please

2019-08-09 (3)_LI.jpg

22 minutes ago, mscreneet said:

I installed the App into my Android phone, however it will not allow me to log in.

I am able to log in just fine on my laptop just not the app. I tried to reset my password on the app however it says user not found, however I was able to reset it on my computer.

Nothing has helped.

Also on my computer when I go into my profile  I noticed a small icon that looks like an eye next to my profile pic. It says that I am anonymous and will not be seen on any list. What does this mean? Will my post be seen? Im not even sure if this post will be seen.

Help please

2019-08-09 (3)_LI.jpg

The Cruise Critic app is no longer supported. That is why you can’t log on in the app. As for the message it means what it says. Does not have anything to do with anyone seeing your posts. I don’t know what lists there are to not appear on. 

Edited by Charles4515
An

The app is not compatible with the current website. It has not worked since the introduction of the new website. Use your browser.

As far as I know all users have the anonymous setting. Your posts will be visible and seen by others. Other users will not be able to see what if any thread you are browsing. For context, when the new website first appeared one could hover over a user avatar and a popup window would include the last login date and currently viewed thread, if any. Several users objected to this and the setting was changed to anonymous. I don't believe this is a user alterable setting.

Edited by broberts
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, broberts said:

The app is not compatible with the current website. It has not worked since the introduction of the new website. Use your browser.

As far as I know all users have the anonymous setting. Your posts will be visible and seen by others. Other users will not be able to see what if any thread you are browsing. For context, when the new website first appeared one could hover over a user avatar and a popup window would include the last login date and currently viewed thread, if any. Several users objected to this and the setting was changed to anonymous. I don't believe this is a user alterable setting.

Thank you so much for the information.

I greatly appreciate it.