Two day pre-cruise hotel in FLL - Courtyard by Marriott ?

quicklabs

My sister and I are arriving two days early for a November cruise on the Majesty of the Seas.  We are looking at staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, near the Ft. Lauderdale Beach.  Does anyone have experience with staying here before a cruise?   Since they don't have a shuttle from the airport, what might we expect in terms of taxi fares from the airport and then from the hotel to the cruise port?  Thanks in advance for sharing your experience. 

We've stayed at the Courtyard before and it's fine, just not my first choice. 

If you want to stay at the beach, check out the rates at the Westin.  Often they can be about the same as the Courtyard and the Westin is a better choice.

Lately, we've been staying at the Fairfield Inn - Las Olas.  It's a good area for restaurants & night life, but not right on the beach (you'd have to take a bus, cab or uber).  Fairfield Inn provides free shuttle service from the airport as well as complimentary breakfast.

Sorry - I can't remember the taxi rates to the Courtyard but I would definitely recommend Uber or Lyft.  Definitely much more reasonable.

Enjoy!

I love the Courtyard Marriott!  

Im not sure what the above poster is talking about but it is MUCH nicer than any Courtyard I've ever been in.  We have family and friends who stay there so we are in and out of this hotel a lot.

Tons of bars, restaurants, and shopping within close walking distance.  Really cool pool and bar area.  Bubba Gumps (which I love) is right below the hotel.

Really a solid choice.

7 minutes ago, quicklabs said:

Whew!  That's a bit of a relief, BlueHerons.  I got a really great rate on it.  Do you have an idea of costs of taxi from the airport and then from the hotel to Port Everglades.

Probably in the $20 range.  It's a fantastic hotel, ask for one of the corner rooms.

The windows are floor to ceiling with amazing views of the ICW and Atlantic Ocean.

I think you are going to love this hotel.

• Like 1