NYC Columbus Day arrival

annie99

Hi We will be arriving at LGA on Oct 14 2019 .This is Columbus Day and I know there is a parade in NYC. We are going to the garment district in Manhattan around 9am to our hotel . Will traffic be a problem if we take a taxi at the airport? Should I arrange a private transfer instead?

We were going to take the HOHO bus tours, but now wonder if these will operate as normally if there is the parade? Is there a better alternative?Thanks for any help you can offer. We were also going to take a walking Food tour in Little Italy starting around 4pm and I am hoping this won’t be impacted.??? I would love some advice!!!

Hi. You should be fine. The Columbus Day Parade starts on 43rd and 5th Ave and marches up toward Columbus Circle, ending on 73 St. 

You said garment district but unless you know exact streets you won’t know for sure. There might be a few blocks before 43 used for assembly. But in my mind garment district is in high 3O’s 7-9 Avenues. The taxi should know how to get from LaG avoiding the parade. It’s not difficult. 

If you have the food tour already booked I wouldn’t worry. The parade is no where near Little Italy though some marchers might go there after the parade. 

The HoHo has different routes. I’m sure the providers have alternate routes figured out.