Gibraltor - how long in port?

I'm off to the Med with P&O in October and the last stop is Gibraltar for half a day.  Does anyone know how long we get in port?  Reviewing the cruise operated excursions I think it's around 5 hours, does thing sound right?  I want to visit the Neanderthal caves and hope there's enough time.  Thanks.

P&O are very reticent about  quoting time in port on their website & literature. Arrival & departure are quoted only as "am" or "pm".

So you may not get an answer - but there's only one way to find out.:classic_wink:

Have you researched access to the Neanderthal caves?

There's no public road nearby, and access on foot may be restricted.

They're at sea-level on the Mediterranean side - a road runs along the eastern side, but near the Neanderthal cave it goes into a tunnel.

JB :classic_smile:

Hi all, sorry about delay in replying.  No reply from P&O yet, but will try other means. By looking at the length of the excursions and times they start, I recon I'm safe until to get back to the ship by 1.30pm.

Museum have come back to say caves not open to visitors at present but they'll let me know when this changes.  I know it's difficult to get onto the guided tour, but worth a shot.  If not, the rock it is!

Thanks again for the info, going to plan what to do but be flexible.  Always be flexible! :classic_smile:

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 8:19 PM, LondonTowner said:

Xwhenever I have contacted P+O regarding arrival and departure times they have given them to me. They are normally also available on the Port Authority website.

Which port authority website?  I once could go to all and find ports and ships.

5 hours ago, midwestchick said:

Which port authority website?  I once could go to all and find ports and ships.

https://www.gibraltarport.com/schedules

The port's own website - port websites are always much more reliable than independent world-wide websites like Cruisette, cruisemates, etc.

But OP says they arrive this October & their last post was back in August.
Most P&O ships have already made their October visits, just two left (Oceania wednesday & Arcadia friday).

JB :classic_smile: