Just back from Jade Med cruise.

flahagan

Hi - 

DH and I will be on the NCL Jade on the same 10-Day cruise itinerary in September, and had a quick question about when to be back onboard at the ports. Aside from the embarking at Civitavecchia (and checking in at least two hours prior to departure - we will be much earlier than that 😁), is it typically back onboard an hour (at the latest) before departure? 

Our last Mediterranean cruise was ten years ago, and I thought it was back onboard by an hour before sailing. DH thinks it was back onboard two hours before leaving each port.  Since you were just there, I thought you would be the one to ask!  

Thanks!

Kathy & Mark 

The time to be back on board at each port is 30 minutes prior to departure.  There were several people who missed the ship at two of the ports and we watched from our balcony as staff from our ship handed over the passengers' passports to port authorities!

Edited by flahagan
Hit post too early

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:35 PM, flahagan said:

I'm sure we were right beside you some nights in the Martini Bar, lol!  What I missed on this ship was the "fun" vibe that you get on Carnival - there wasn't much energy.  We all dressed in our whites for White night and then couldn't even get in the Spinnaker.  It would have been nice if they'd had it on deck like most every other line does.  But the itinerary made up for any shortcomings - no other line had anything as comprehensive this year in the Med.

That's our issue with NCL, but we continue sailing because of the terrific itineraries.  We're doing Rome to Dubai 21-day on the Jade in November, and Spirit Singapore to Tokyo 16 day in April.  We always get a very nice cabin and spend a lot of time in it doing our own thing and just relaxing!  Also, tend to eat lunch off the ship a lot so we get a variety of food.

FlConnie, those cruises sound fabulous!  You're so lucky to still have your hubby.  I lost mine 2 years ago after 53+ years of marriage.  It's ridiculously expensive to cruise alone, or I would be looking at some of those itineraries also.  This last cruise our daughters went with me, but that was a one-off!

Where are you located in Florida?  I'm in Debary, between Orlando and Daytona.

Do you remember what time the Muster Drill was on your cruise?  We are trying to decide what to do for sail away and trying to figure out timing. 

Also, do you happen to remember what night the white party is??

Thanks so much for your help. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/2/2019 at 11:50 AM, wendycook22 said:

Were you charged VAT on the drinks form your UBP on this sailing?  We are doing a very similar itinerary.  Just looking for confirmation, so i know what yo expcet.  

TIA

The online TA I booked with offered the drink package and included the gratuities on it, plus included all the regular gratuities.  When we walked off the ship I didn't owe a penny.