Still Can't Decide Which Beach

luv2cruise2thebeach

We are on the Carnival Inspiration and dock in St. Kitts on September 25.Ā  My wife and I are big beach people and can't decide which beach is best for us.Ā  We like soft sand, clear water and a drink in our hand.Ā  We have narrowed it down to Cockleshell (Reggae Beach Bar), the Mariott, or Pinneys Beach on Nevis.Ā  One of the biggest issues I am having is deciding on whether a water taxi, plus a land taxi to get us to Pinneys Beach is worth it.Ā  Is the beach there that much better than the beaches on St. Kitts?

The water taxis usually go between the end of the SE Peninsula(Reggae Beach)Ā over to Oualie Beach on Nevis. You would need a land taxi to get to ReggaeĀ Beach & return as well as a taxi from Oualie Beach to Pinneys Beach and return. The passenger ferries go between Basseterre on St Kitts to Charlestown on Nevis.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, luv2cruise2thebeach said:

We are on the Carnival Inspiration and dock in St. Kitts on September 25.Ā  My wife and I are big beach people and can't decide which beach is best for us.Ā  We like soft sand, clear water and a drink in our hand.Ā  We have narrowed it down to Cockleshell (Reggae Beach Bar), the Mariott, or Pinneys Beach on Nevis.Ā  One of the biggest issues I am having is deciding on whether a water taxi, plus a land taxi to get us to Pinneys Beach is worth it.Ā  Is the beach there that much better than the beaches on St. Kitts?

If you decide to stay on St. Kitts Cockleshell Beach is a great beach, Marriott always a winner. I'd stick with one or the other. Have fun!!

You can do both depending on what time your ship ports. Do the upĀ 3 mountains and down 4 others "hell ride" as you callĀ itĀ early in the morning. Make it perfectly clear to your taxi driverĀ on the way back you want to be dropped off at the Marriott by noon toĀ be picked up at the Marriott at 4pm with your ship leaving at 5pm. That's easily 4 hours at the Marriott for your $35 day pass fee.Ā 

Ā 

I'm getting off the ship going to the Marriott firstĀ making it PERFECTLY CLEAR to my taxi driver to be back at 1:30 to pick me up and drop me off at Palm Court Gardens(6 minute ride or less) then at 4pm pick me back up and take me to the port, I'm doing both, you can too. Makes for a great day. Have fun!!Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 1:37 PM, Culaccino said:

Hi! We are in St Kitts in April 2020. How do you get the resort pass? From the Marriott directly? We were going to book aĀ phantom room, but Iā€™d prefer not to do so. Thank you in advance!Ā 

WTHĀ is a phantom room??!!šŸ˜³Ā 

Do exactly what the post above say's to do, phantom room!šŸ¤­

Edited by TTEllis

I called to ask about the pass and they are totally sold out of day passesĀ for my date in April 2020. We may just show up.Ā 
Ā 

A phantom room is a room you book and pay forĀ that you donā€™t actually use. We would book and pay in full for one night, show up on that date, check in, use the hotel, and then leave without actually sleeping there. šŸ‘»šŸ‘»šŸ‘»šŸ‘» Itā€™s common when flying abroad. If you book an extra night prior to your date of arrival, your room will be ready when you arrive so you wonā€™t have to wait until check in. Itā€™s much easier with kids that way too.Ā 

5 hours ago, Culaccino said:

I called to ask about the pass and they are totally sold out of day passesĀ for my date in April 2020. We may just show up.Ā 
Ā 

A phantom room is a room you book and pay forĀ that you donā€™t actually use. We would book and pay in full for one night, show up on that date, check in, use the hotel, and then leave without actually sleeping there. šŸ‘»šŸ‘»šŸ‘»šŸ‘» Itā€™s common when flying abroad. If you book an extra night prior to your date of arrival, your room will be ready when you arrive so you wonā€™t have to wait until check in. Itā€™s much easier with kids that way too.Ā 

There have been multiple posts on how to book a day room at marriott. No need for phantom booking

On 10/30/2019 at 4:35 AM, Culaccino said:

Ā 

I thought a phantom room had something to do with today being Halloween. šŸ˜±Thanks for the clarification!!:classic_blush:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jean87510 said:

At the top of the page in each forum is a search button. Type in day pass. Please dont take this suggestion the wrong way as i have a mother in law and mother who dont understand the search button.

That's hilarious! Mothers can't live with'em can't live without'em!!šŸ˜‰