Bid for upgrade. When you will know

CruiseLand

Hello all,

I will be on Seaside on August 24. It is about 9 days from today. When I booked my cruise I got the Interior Room and I don't know it will be under the Pizzaria. Anyhow, I like interior room but not like that it under the Pizzaria so I place on the bid for the Balcony upgraded but not really high just $350. Hopefully I got the room. My question is how long do you know you get it or not? Anyone done the upgraded before?

From the Plusgrade website:

Q. When will I know if my MSC UpGrade offer got accepted?
A. Your offer can be accepted anytime from the moment it is submitted up until 2 days prior to voyage departure.

https://upg.stage.plusgrade.com/faq/partner/9Ck2Ks4MSC

ETA:  $350 per person?  Can you post the email?  Let us know how it works out.

Edited by Até

The upgrade system is very new to MSC, there are very few reports here about bidding.  I do know some people who have received the offers, but they declined to bid because they said the asking prices were too high.  What was the price difference between interior and balcony for your sailing if you paid full price?  Your sailing shows "sold out", but when I look at the next few Western Caribbean sailings it looks like the difference is only about $150 to $200 more per person.  I would think a bid of $350 would have been accepted immediately if there was an open cabin.

1 hour ago, Até said:

The upgrade system is very new to MSC, there are very few reports here about bidding.  I do know some people who have received the offers, but they declined to bid because they said the asking prices were too high.  What was the price difference between interior and balcony for your sailing if you paid full price?  Your sailing shows "sold out", but when I look at the next few Western Caribbean sailings it looks like the difference is only about $150 to $200 more per person.  I would think a bid of $350 would have been accepted immediately if there was an open cabin.

I have no idea about the price of how much use to be. We are OK with interior room and like it. The reason I bid on it because of my room is under the Pizza place. I do not choose the room when I booked my cruise, MSC choose the room so I don't even know my room is under the pizza place until yesterday I look the layout of the ship. Oh well!!! I might need to get the ear plugs. 

Was a balcony cabin the highest category MSC would let you bid on?  If so, they usually award the interior and ocean view bids last, after awarding who people booked in balconies to the suites.  You may still have a chance as I would expect the interior cabin's bids to be the last ones done.  From other cruise lines bidding models the only time a bid is accepted immediately is when it is at or over the going rate for the cabin type bid on.  In all other cases the company waits until two days out to accumulate as many bids as possible then makes the bid awards in one rapid succession down the ranks.

On the glass half empty side since your sailing shows sold out they may have already awarded all the winning bids and have now assigned the guarantee cabins to the non-winners.  What does Plusgrade show your bid status as? 

12 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Mine shows pending and I am 1 day out.

To me that seems to violate their own FAQ that states the decisions are made by two days out.

ETA: Are you talking about another bid?  I thought your YC interior bid was accepted.

Edited by Até

11 minutes ago, Até said:

To me that seems to violate their own FAQ that states the decisions are made by two days out.

ETA: Are you talking about another bid?  I thought your YC interior bid was accepted.

This is a second bid for a YC balcony. I had 2 upgrade offers.