Four points fort lauderdale

mameeo

Looking at this hotel pre March cruise Caribbean medley, anyone with thoughts or reviews of this hotel and surrounding area, places for dinner; shopping, wine store. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thx

cheers🍷

It is not a "new" hotel - a name change a couple of years ago and some upgrading - just be aware of that!

I think you will be happy with your choice - as long as you can turn a blind eye to the serious panhandling happening on the corner of A1A and 17th. Groups of sometimes aggressive panhandlers camp out at the bus stop on that corner in front of the CVS. Unfortunately you have to walk right pass them to visit restaurants further east on 17th.

The neighborhood between the 4 points and the Harbor Shops are sketchy at best and I would not try a short cut after dark. It is best to Uber after dark to/from this hotel.

I have not stayed at the hotel but I do know the area very well. Reviews are good! However, perhaps not my first choice in the 17th St / Route 1 part of town! It depends on your rate! Hopefully you got a great rate?

Four-Points-web.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

3 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

It is not a "new" hotel - a name change a couple of years ago and some upgrading - just be aware of that!

I think you will be happy with your choice - as long as you can turn a blind eye to the serious panhandling happening on the corner of A1A and 17th. Groups of sometimes aggressive panhandlers camp out at the bus stop on that corner in front of the CVS. Unfortunately you have to walk right pass them to visit restaurants further east on 17th.

The neighborhood between the 4 points and the Harbor Shops are sketchy at best and I would not try a short cut after dark. It is best to Uber after dark to/from this hotel.

I have not stayed at the hotel but I do know the area very well. Reviews are good! However, perhaps not my first choice in the 17th St / Route 1 part of town! It depends on your rate! Hopefully you got a great rate?

Four-Points-web.jpg

Hmm ok sounds a bit like an unsavoury area thx any suggestions for some close to port? We are using points to book. Preferably Sheraton or Westins 

apprecitae the feedback. 

Cheers🍷

This hotel is close to Port Everglades. It’s got some weird, fairly dim lighting in the interior hallways, but the rooms are clean (but simple). I wouldn’t worry much about walking along 17th Street, from a harassment perspective, but don’t walk too close to the curb because of traffic. 

For the same/similar price, I’d stay at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th if space were available, but I would stay at the Four Points again, if needed.