Appropriate Dress on non-formal Nights

LindaMG

26 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

I don't own a suit and I just pack a sport coat for formal nights (and it doesn't stay on long.) The only time I will wear a tie on a ship is the chefs dinner.

I don't even pack jeans for a cruise unless it's somewhere cold. I spend 90% of the time in shorts and only wear slacks for dinner in the MDR.

What you describe is more than fine. 

Why the heck would you wear a tie to chefs dinner.  There is no dress code for that dinner except for closed toe shoes 

1 hour ago, centralcalicruzer said:

Why only one night in the MDR? What you have described fits perfectly  fine with Princess's request for attire in the MDR on all non-formal nights. Most people will be dressed similarly. 

Our cruise to Alaska is only 7 nights.  One each at the speciality restaurants, one night booked at Tracy's craab Shack.  One night MDR and well, my husband is a bit of a buffet fan.  I would love to go to the MDR for breakfast and lunch as well.  We will just see how it goes.

Just a very gentle reminder that this thread is about NON-FORMAL night which the OP asked about, not about formal night wear and coats/ties etc.   

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/18/2019 at 6:18 PM, LindaMG said:

I asked this question on a Princess facebook page and it was removed by admin but not before a few people left me an angry face.  A couple of people did answer but would like a few more to reassure me.  I am not trying to start anything, I genuinely want to know as I want to make every minute of my cruise enjoyable and do not want to have people looking down on us because I am not in a ballgown and tiara and my husband isn't wearing a suit.  Anyway, we would like to have one meal in the MDR but not on a formal night.  We travel light and dress for comfort, not to impress.  So I would wear black trousers, a feminine pretty top and good leather ballet flats with some sparkly jewellery.  My husband, kindest, most hard working man I know (thats whats important to me, not the fact that he doesn't own a suit) would be in tidy black levis, a button down shirt with a collar and clean tidy shoes.  So will we be dragged on deck and made to walk the plank or would we pass muster?

Gosh, I haven't seen a good plank walking in some time.  The good old days!  But seriously, you sound good to me.